DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Celebrating 167 years, Dierbergs is a family-owned retail supermarket chain with 24 St. Louis metro-area stores and a location at Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks. Named the #1 grocery store in Missouri (by MSN.com) and the 11th best grocery store in the nation (by Consumer Reports), is known for superior customer service and wide range of fresh, healthy products.
Now more than 4,000 Associates share in Dierbergs' history and uphold its reputation built on hard work, personal service and a commitment to meeting the growing needs of the area through community service.
Dierbergs is seeking a strategic Director of Information Technology (IT) to continue to evolve the IT function. Through collaboration with the Chief Information Officer, this role will:
· Plan, analyze, and coordinate the implementation of appropriate information systems and technologies throughout the organization.
· Direct the project management team to build coalitions of resources from both the IT groups and user departments to ensure a successful execution of work and changes while keeping management of potential problems and opportunities with respect to on-going projects and initiatives.
· Coordinate the day-to-day activity of the business analysis/product support team.
· Be responsible for the advancement of the current systems to achieve organizational objectives.
· Play a vital role in the digital journey, effectively deploying technology to support the Dierbergs’ customer journey, employees, vendors, and other constituents.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer(CIO), the successful candidate will:
DIRECT BUSINESS ANALYSIS: Work with the CIO to provide leadership in the analysis of business requirements with respect to the development and selection of application infrastructure solutions and digital technologies. Ensure that implemented solutions are consistent with the organization’s business plans and technical architecture. Partner with key stakeholders and senior business leaders to ensure that IT needs are aligned with the overall strategy and objectives of the organization.
DEVELOP INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS: Support strategic business needs and growth initiatives by keeping abreast of new technology advances that help deliver a modern shopping experience, blending eCommerce and brick-and-mortar operations to create seamless, personalized, and value driven customer experiences. Drive best practices, methodologies, define standards and policies to provide exceptional customer and operation support. Work with the customer base to understand current and future business needs and direct appropriate changes to affect improvements in operating efficiency, quality, and utilization of applications and systems. Provide innovative and workable solutions to a wide range of technical challenges and business opportunities. Analyze costs, value, and risks of information technology. Working with the CIO, propose strategic solutions and recommendations on new systems and software.
SUCCESSFULLY LEAD PROJECTS: Develop, implement, and drive IT related projects, utilizing project management disciplines, in cooperation with business partners. Responsible for all project commitments, including schedules and budgets, and is charged with monitoring and reporting project status to ensure that projects are completed with quality, on time, and within budget. Assist in the prioritization and tracking of user service requests and provide resource information to help determine overall scope and timing of individual service requests. Communicate plans, procedures, policies, and standards to the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new technology strategies and software.
CULTIVATE VENDOR RELATIONSHIPS: Foster a cooperative and productive relationship with vendors. Maintain frequent and clear communications with vendors. Keep abreast of vendor strategies and product direction as it relates to trends and internal organizational direction and requirements.
LEAD A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM: Lead and manage teams effectively to produce high quality results delivered on time and on budget. Identify, motivate and develop a team of direct reports (business analysts and project managers) and manage cross-functionally to achieve goals. Foster an environment where effective communication occurs between technical staff, other departments and key stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or closely related field preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years of business experience in Information Technology. Business analysis and/or IT project management experience preferred.
· Minimum of seven years of management experience hiring, training and managing performance.
· Strong background in technology implementations and or change management.
· Proficient knowledge of project and change management, associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches.
· Previous experience working with business processes in a retail environment preferred.
· Effective oral and written communication skills as well as be a self-starter with the initiative to learn new products and follow through on projects.
· Skilled leader who is highly capable of influencing and facilitating change in a cross-functional environment through insightful listening, effective communication and collaboration.
· Savvy innovator and collaborator who facilitates change across the organization’s entirety, driving operational efficiencies and growth in all aspects of the business through technology
· Must be a team player and have the ability to work with all levels of users and management.
· Able to organize and coordinate efforts with others, both in and outside of the department.
Other Skills & Abilities
· Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
· Communications – Effective oral and written communication skills. Can be both clear and succinct in a variety of communication settings.
· Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
· Listening – Practices attentive and active listening. Has the patience to hear people out. Accurately restates the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
· Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
· Dealing with Ambiguity – Copes effectively with change; shifts gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can handle risk and uncertainty.
· Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
· Innovation Management – Good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market. Has good judgment about which creative ideas & suggestions will work in the marketplace. Can facilitate effective brainstorming.
· Process Management – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow.
· Time Management – Uses time efficiently and effectively; concentrates on important priorities; gets more done in less time than others.
Ready to Apply?
If you are interested, qualified and ready to take the next step, apply on-line at www.csiapply.com. All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential. Please do not contact Dierbergs directly. Should you experience difficulties with the online system or wish to ask a question, you may contact Collaborative Strategies, the search consulting firm for this search, via email at .
Collaborative Strategies, Inc. is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated search practice and has been connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders seeking mission-critical endeavors with entrepreneurial organizations. For more information, visit us at www.getcollaborative.com. To view our job board, visit www.csiapply.com.
| Equal Opportunity Employer |
Valid through: 7/9/2021