West Hills, CA (91307)
Number of positions
Top reasons to love this job –
1. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012.
2. Close-knit, collaborative team; providing excellent quality patient care
3. Advanced Stroke Center, first Chest Pain Center in LA 4. Relocation Assistance Available
Top "must-have" skills for this job –
1.Minimum 3 years experience in Epidemiology/Infection Control
2. Certification in Infection Control preferred
3. Bachelor degree in nursing or related field required
Tell me about this job –
The Epidemiologist/ICP is a qualified individual with knowledge of CDC guidelines and definitions of nosocomial infections, JCAHO standards, federal and state regulations, and occupational health. She/He is responsible for the administration of the Infection Prevention and Control Program, which includes the identification, investigation, reporting, prevention and control of nosocomial infections among patients and personnel. She/He is responsible for coordinating with in service programs related to infection prevention and control.