The Incident Response Director establishes the vision of response efforts at Nike to guide these efforts, ensuring Nike can detect and respond in any environment.
Strategically, the Director shapes Nike Incident Response through business and use case development, resource allocation and management, and coaching the team to perform at the highest levels.
Successful Directors at Nike lead with courage, are detail oriented, have exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills, are adept at remain calm and making good decisions under pressure, and a drive to enhance risk management at all levels.
• Minimum three years of incident response experience; preferably within a professional services firm or large enterprise environment
• Expert knowledge of cyber incident response with the ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions.
• Strong knowledge of the legal privacy and notification requirements around the world to include practical experience with data analysis supporting notification decisions
• Capable to develop and implement incident response processes, standards and policies, to include the measurement of their effectiveness in reducing risk.
• Deep security relevant understanding of network, desktop, server, application/database and cloud technologies, including experience with intrusion, detection and containment methods
• Strong understanding pro-active cyber defense through threat hunting
• Understanding of malware analysis, virus exploitation and mitigation techniques.
• Comfortable with interfacing (in person, phone or email) with other internal or external organizations regarding security policy and standards violations, security controls failure and incident response situations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to describe complex situations in simple terms.
• Experience with strategic planning and management including budget, organization, personnel decisions
• Comfortable working in highly ambiguous situations and quickly adapting to changing events; reprioritizing efforts and resources as needed
• Leads and coaches a diverse team of both direct reports and matrixed support, though partnerships and collaboration
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
• Resolves problems independently and/or through a support team
• Ability to balance and prioritize life & work
• Must be trustworthy in keeping sensitive data confidential
Additional skills and qualifications preferred, but not required.
• One or more of the following professional certifications
o Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
o Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
Education and Experience
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of information technology experience with 5 years in a senior role within information security.