The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, located in the beautiful tourist destination of Williamsburg, VA, has an excellent career opportunity for a Director, Human Resources!
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for the leadership and direction of the Human Resources Department within the Hospitality Division.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversees the department's strategic direction as it relates to talent acquisition, employee relations, labor relations, retention programs, employment services, and training & development for staff and management.
- Provides advice, guidance, and related services regarding the Collective Bargaining Agreement, compensation and benefits, labor-related cost containment initiatives; report preparation and analysis; organizational planning and design; and employee and management skills assessment and performance evaluation processes.
- Promote and develop an organizational culture that is consistent with the Foundations Mission, Vision, Core Values, goals and strategic objectives.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure compliance with related federal and state legislation, local laws, rules, standards, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the General Counsel and VP of Hospitality during contract negotiations for the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Provide guidance to the Hospitality management team regarding the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Act as the liaison between management and union representatives.
- Provide guidance to managers, supervisors and employees regarding laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practices related to employee relations.
- Review and make recommendations on employee disciplinary measures, including but not limited to terminations. Exercise care that justifications are well documented.
- Establish policies that seek to increase employee retention rates and foster job satisfaction and high morale to include supporting employee social and wellness programs.
- Monitor the talent acquisition strategy to ensure adherence with EEOC and affirmative action programs and diversity goals set by the company.
- Develop the management teams confidence to plan, monitor, assess, coach and, if necessary, initiate corrective action to improve employee performance.
- Ensure the HR staff schedules management conferences with employees to hear and resolve employee grievances while providing support to employees and supervisors.
- Work with senior management to set long-term staffing goals and strategies.
- Advise the VP of Hospitality on policy changes that need to be made regarding HR related issues and concerns.
- Create annual budget for the Department of Human Resources and ensure operations are conducted throughout each year within those constraints.
- Analyze wage and salary report data to monitor competitive compensation plans.
- Visit hotel properties periodically to ensure that appropriate assistance, guidance and feedback is provided to hotel General Managers to maximize the quality and professionalism of hotel staff operations.
- Work with senior management to identify, prepare and maintain succession and development plans for key positions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge performing HR duties in a union environment with 5years of Collective Bargaining experience.
- Knowledge of current human resources practices and developments in each of the human resources functional areas supervised.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a series of increasingly responsible positions.
- Strong communication, organizational, and people skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish values and vision for an organization and a willingness to continually look at and evaluate new ways to address problems are important elements of the position.
- Must have the ability to lead, manage, and relate to all levels of the organization usually gained through a four yeardegree plus 8 to 12years of human resources or related experience.
- Experience should show knowledge of current management development practices including team building and related fields, increasing levels of responsibility and accomplishment, and computer literacy.
- Masters degree in Human Resource Management or related field of study.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.