The Human Resource Manager / Director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel, including hourly and exempt employees.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Human Resources Strategic Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
- Experience in the Convenience Store / Fuel Marketing industries preferred. Experience with the retail environment required.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and five years’ human resource experience, or nine years’ relevant industry experience in the HR field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification.