Director of Human Resources
Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Two Rivers Behavioral Health (a UHS Facility), is a 105-bed acute facility and is a leading provider of behavioral health care in the Kansas City area on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. For over 30 years the facility has provided 24-hour care for individuals in need through inpatient and outpatient settings.
We are currently searching for a Director of Human Resources who will be responsible for the leadership of the Human Resources function within the facility. Responsibilities include:
- The management of talent acquisition including the utilization of an applicant management system, sourcing applicants, interviewing, selection and on-boarding.
- Employee relations including employee engagement, employee recognition, performance improvement, performance management, investigations, counseling sessions, mediation and unemployment hearings.
- Staff education and training including the utilization of a learning management system and classroom education.
- Survey preparation including the maintenance of employee files, staying current on health care requirements from state, federal and Joint Commission standards.
- Compensation and Benefits including the participation in salary surveys, developing/applying salary grades and ranges and benefits enrollment/communication.
- Utilizing an HRIS (Lawson) to initiate all changes in position/duties and other changes.
- Approaches situations/events with a process improvement perspective.
- Identifies and participates in opportunities for process improvement activities.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with other health care professionals and allied workers using good communication skills via written and verbal formats.
- Acts as lliaison between facility and corporate departments to include Human Resources, Compensation, Training and Legal.
The following are the job requirements for the Human Resources Director position:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience: 3-5 years previous experience in Human Resources. Experience in a Health care setting preferred. Experience in the management of others and in training/education also a plus.
- Licensure/Certification: SPHR or PHR preferred.
- Knowledge: HR Generalist background strongly preferred. Also prefer knowledge of recruitment, selection, benefits, employment law, worker’s compensation, compensation, employee relations. Advanced computer skills required.
- Skills: Good communication skills and ability to work well with others; ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.