The Director of HR and Talent leads all Human Resources and talent functions and programs for LIFT. The Director will manage all facets pertaining to the employee life cycle, including recruitment, training and development, benefits, compensation, performance management, and compliance with federal and state regulations. The Director will effectively engage and communicate with various audiences, from serving as an employee advocate, to providing guidance to managers, to collaborating with senior management. The Director will enforce best practices, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with short and long-term organizational objectives.
Reporting to the SVP of Finance & Administration, this position carries a broad base of responsibilities. As such, the ability to successfully execute and manage day-to-day operations, as well as provide broad strategic thought partnership is important. This position manages the Human Resources Coordinator.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR and Talent function by overseeing programs on talent acquisition, training and professional development, succession planning, retention, compensation and benefits
- Implement best practices that are effective, fiscally sound, and further promote LIFT’s culture
- Collaborate and provide strategic thought partnership with the Leadership Team
- Provide research and data analytics to identify workforce trends and support the strategic initiatives of the organization
- Manage any employee relations issues and inquiries to include disciplinary actions, terminations, or coaching for managers
- Oversee internal communications regarding HR and Talent matters
- With benefits broker and HR Coordinator, manage benefit plans and oversee open enrollment process
- Responsible for LIFT’s compliance with federal and state laws related to personnel matters in all LIFT regions
- On an annual basis, evaluate and implement the performance assessment process
- Develop and implement employee engagement practices throughout the year.
- Help promote diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Administer LIFT’s compensation program and assist in creating related budgets
- Oversee the HR Coordinator’s body of work that includes: onboarding and offboarding process; coordination with Finance/Accounting to provide compensation and benefits changes; response to general inquiries and HR/Talent helpdesk tickets; talent acquisition responsibilities; maintenance of employee files
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent work experience; master’s degree in Human Resources highly preferred
- 6+ years Human Resources experience, in a Sr. Generalist or Director capacity, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification required
- Commitment to confidentiality, high level of initiative, detail oriented, flexible, and ability to define procedures and process flows based on regulation or established requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience with project and process management
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience evaluating and implementing HR/Talent systems
- High proficiency with HRIS and benefit platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel on occasion to other LIFT regions when travel restrictions have been lifted
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.