Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Location: Eaton, CO
Compensation: $ 70, – 90,
Benefits: Executive Package and Signifant Annual Bonus
About the Position:
This is a key challenging executive position that is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources function in a top Rocky Mountain Regional Company. This professional manager will direct all Human Resource, Recruiting and Payroll functions and quality upgrades.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management
for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices
on personnel matters.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and
ensures organization's compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and
Local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and
administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets
the organization's personnel information needs.
- Supervise the staff of the human resource department.
- Participate on committees and special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for benchmarking and procuring benefit programs, wage and
- Salary administration, personnel recordkeeping, payroll, and creating
- Responsible for implementing benefit programs, training, recruiting, and
administering personnel policies.
- Support performance management and review process for supervisors and
- Oversee training, managing, and recruiting. Oversee the administration of all related general ledger accounts, and develop related audit work papers and work with the accounting staff and auditors during the yearend audit.
- Responsible for reporting, filing and paying all corporate payrolltaxes and related employee benefit deductions and bills.
- Will remain up to date on all H/R related software.
- Work with the Safety and Risk managers on safety compliance issues.
- Works with CEO on review of personnel and development data to create and implement improvement plans.
- Attend all safety training/meetings as directed.
- MUST obtain specific training before performing tasks that require specialized training.
- Report any safety concerns to the supervisor and/or the Safety Director for recommendations of correction.
- Report any accidents immediately to supervisor on duty, VP, CEO, and/or Safety Director.
- Supervises all Human Resources Staff and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Educational Requirements, Abilities and Preferences;
- Bachelor's degree and four to 10 years ' related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree. (a plus)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRMSCP) or SHRM Certified Professional
(SHRM CP) credential. (Ideal certifications)
- Microsoft systems certification preferred but not required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and technical documents is a requirement
- Proficient in higher level mathematics such as geometry, and algebra.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use accounting software and to train others in its use.
Expertise in the use of and development of Excel spreadsheets is required.