$140K — $150K + $14K—$15K bonus
POSITION: Director of Human Resources
This position is a member of the senior management team, and is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function. General duties involve developing, coordinating and administering human resources policies, programs and practices: including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing. Specific duties are listed below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Annually reviews and makes recommendations to Executive Management for improvement of company policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
2. Develops and administers various human resources policies and procedures for all company personnel and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for company compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
4. Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
5. Assists executive management in the annual planning and review process.
6. Implements and updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; develops and monitors performance management program and revises as necessary.
7. Responsible for company-wide human resource planning and development.
8. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the President on personnel matters.
9. Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
10. Recommends, develops, evaluates, and participates in Staff Development for company.
11. Supervises the staff of the Human Resources Department.
12. Performs annual re-evaluation of benefits policies/programs for cost effectiveness and strategic placement.
13. Ensures company compliance with affirmative action program and EEO regulations.
14. Conducts recruitment effort for all managerial and exempt personnel; monitors career development program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing as needed.
15. Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
16. Participates on committees, and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
17. Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Bachelors Degree required - Master's Degree or HR certification or equivalent a plus.
Four to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current or previous experience at Manager, Director or Officer level in Human Resources with a Manufacturing company - custom designed, technical or specialty engineered products is highly desired.
General knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management; knowledge of the organizations and operations of administrative programs; ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments; ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, associates, and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Valid through: 8/27/2020