Reporting to the General Manager (property CEO), the Director of Human Resources will provide strong and effective leadership, direction, and professional expertise in all areas of human resources management for this multi-million dollar business.
This executive will be a strategic advisor to the General Manager on all human capital matters, and an integral member of the senior leadership team that establishes the strategic goals and objectives for the property.
The Director will work in partnership with the Service Center HR team and otherHR Leaders throughout the organization to implement high impact practices and programs designed to maximize performance and results throughout Pinnacle. With a dotted line reporting structure to the SVP of HR, this matrixed environment allows the Director of HR to influence and impact offerings for nearly 15,000 team members across 9 states.
Strategic Design & Execution:
- Participate with the senior leadership team in the creation and execution of business growth and performance strategies at the property.
- Contribute to the short and long term strategies of the organization through a review of business requirements, and lead the development of a responsive, integrated human resources operations that is in alignment with those requirements.
- Evaluate organizational design to verify alignment with strategic business goals; embed processes to ensure this evaluation occurs throughout the year as talent changes occur via promotions, departures and or other moves.
- Establish and monitor meaningful metrics to track leadership effectiveness as well as the impact of programmatic efforts on turnover, retention and myVoice (engagement) results.
- Lead bi-annual succession planning and talent review processes to ensure proper identification of high potential talent, as well as any current or future talent gaps and key actions for development. Ensure ongoing conversations occur throughout the year as well as during formal session.
- Build, lead and grow a strong HR leadership team that is perceived as credible, responsive and commercially minded.
- Set clear expectations and provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities for individuals throughout the HR function.
- Create and manage the budget and otherfinancial measures of the Human Resources Department.
- Implement and oversee processes to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable national, state, and local employee relations regulations and laws on an optimal cost basis.
- Provide one-on-one coaching to management to help resolve problems, strengthen their management skills and solidify cultural values.
Recruiting & Development of Top Talent
- Identify advanced workforce planning and recruiting strategies to proactively address an increasingly competitive landscape in the broader employment market.
- Develop recruiting techniques to identify and entice potential team members in a unique environment where the majority of team members need to commute for work.
- Develop team capabilities in recruiting techniques that rely on community networking, social recruiting strategies and other lead generation activities.
- Evaluate and oversee onboarding efforts to ensure newly hired team members establish a strong bond with our company through effective and frequent communication, clear expectations and consistent feedback channels.
- Oversee delivery of established Leadership Development programs and inspire the HR team to innovate with local activities to address specific development leads.
- Build a learning culture by encouraging operational leaders to teach more through formal classroom activities as well as during on the job training and support.
Team Member Engagement
- Establish an effective communications platform that will translate the strategic vision into actionable items so that all team members understand their unique role in driving the overall business results.
- Create and oversee practices that ensure each team member clearly understands and is held accountable for their respective performance expectations. Evaluate leader performance in setting and management expectations; and provide appropriate guidance and/or recognition.
- Ensure effective engagement with department heads and consistent flow of information in both directions in order to reinforce a culture of collaboration, trust and open communication.
- Identify key community oriented activities to reinforce the philanthropic focus of the organization while strengthening team member connections.
- Oversee local recognition efforts for monthly and annual Living Our Values programs.
- 8+ years of increasingly responsible leadership experience, with 3+ years in a senior leadership role is required.
- Experience in hospitality, retail, entertainment or other consumer-driven service business is highly preferred; experience in a 24/7 environment is required.
- An undergraduatedegree is required, with an advanced degree a plus.
- Must have experience negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Must have experience working with both union and non-union team members
- Proven expertise with leadership coaching and development is essential for success in this role.
- Experience navigating a complex, matrixed environment is key.
- Professional expertise in the development and/or implementation of programs in key areas of human resource management, including talent acquisition, organizational and cultural development, performance management, succession planning and employee engagement is preferred.
- Must have experience developing strategies to support, develop and engage a diverse workforce.
- Must be a hands-on professional with strong creative and conceptual skills, and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in exceeding company goals and objectives.
Requisition ID 2018-30180