GSB Search Associates has been engaged to recruit the next Director of Human Resources for an established health care management organization in Leawood, KS. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Human Resources will partner with the senior executive team and field management to build an "employer of choice" culture. When you join this outstanding organization, you will have both the responsibility and the authority to make changes related to human resource operations to align with company goals. You will help build a culture and environment that is rewarding and engaging for current employees and attractive to the talent the organization will need for their next stage of growth.
Within the first year of joining the organization, you will have the opportunity and the responsibility to:
- After reviewing the current state of all human resource functions, present a short and long-term action plan to senior management. This plan should include specific information related to how the programs fully implemented will make the organization an employer of choice within the industry and in local markets.
- Design employee engagement strategy that improves morale, retains talent and provides business continuity as the organization realigns for its next phase of significant growth.
- Review current compensation and benefits plans including performance-based rewards and make recommendations that will make the company competitive today and in the future.
- Evaluate staffing levels and review current execution of employee relations, compensation and benefits processes, and procedures. Build a plan to adjust process and procedures as necessary.
- Work with the Director of Recruitment on the communication of all tangible and intangible benefits the company has to offer to attract best in class talent.
- Establish a program to provide consulting and coaching to Regional Directors and Practice Managers that includes best practices, common methodologies, available tools, regarding human resource issues in the areas of organizational design, talent management, and compensation.
Education and Experience
To execute the performance objectives of this opportunity effectively candidates will have most of the following education or experience in their background.
- A Bachelor's Degree in human resources or business is crucial. A Masters in business administration or Juris Doctorate with exposure to employment law would be a plus.
- We are looking for someone who is analytical, uses facts to understand situations and explain their recommendations, and thinks like a business owner.
- Strong experience in human resources management with significant exposure to recruiting, compensation and benefits, regulatory compliance, and employee relations, ideally in a multi-location, multi-state environment
- Special emphasis will be placed on finding a human resources professional who has great character demonstrated through humility and integrity.
- Leadership and management experience either directly in human resources or from another business discipline. This could be leadership in areas such as financial management or field-operations and from organizations ranging from education to law enforcement.
- Experience leveraging the knowledge of internal and external partners. You do not need to know every human resource law or best practice out there. You do need to demonstrate how you learn and take action on your acquired knowledge.
- Extensive experience with ERP Systems and solid proficiency MS Office products especially Microsoft Excel.
Compensation and Benefits
Our client offers competitive compensation, a generous holiday and benefits package, and a collaborative working environment that rewards people with a strong commitment to success and an appetite for challenges. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from female and minority candidates.