Director of Human Resources
at TripAdvisor(View all jobs)Needham, MA
- The Director of Human Resources is responsible for delivering HR operational excellence and driving the people strategy for TripAdvisor’s G&A functions at TripAdvisor.
- The role also includes the establishment and management of a HR Service Delivery team that will partner with all TAMG HRBPs in delivery of standard HR services.
- The job holder will be the day-to-day business partner to the leaders of the G&A functions, working strategically with them and their leadership teams to assist in driving the business, acting as a trusted advisor and building the talent pipeline.
- This person will be a member of the Global HR Business Partner Leadership Team, responsible for driving alignment and maximizing efficiencies across the TripAdvisor businesses.
- This person will work in a highly matrixed environment requiring an ability to influence, with or without direct reporting authority, across many groups including Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, L&OD, and Office Experience.
- Serve as a member of the Global Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) Leadership Team.
- Be a consistent role model of the TripAdvisor Purpose & Values.
- Continuously build and drive employee engagement in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, leveraging strong relationships with Corporate Communications and Office Experience.
- Closely monitor ongoing talent needs across the client groups, providing proactive updates and counsel to the leadership team(s), holding hiring managers and recruiters accountable, and ensuring these roles are filled quickly with top talent.
- Lead a variety of critical initiatives such as talent reviews, succession planning, workforce planning, quarterly business reviews, performance management and internal mobility.
- Objectively evaluate talent, knowing strengths, weaknesses and development opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with that talent, developing a deep and comprehensive knowledge of these people and what drives them.
- Partner effectively with legal counsel and exercise outstanding judgment and technical expertise in dealing with employee relations matters.
- Develop and maintain strong, credible relationships with a variety of key stakeholders across the HR COEs, always focusing on the best solutions for both the business and the larger TripAdvisor organization.
- Maintain outstanding relationships and networks both internally and externally, staying current and up-to-date with the latest issues and solutions in the industry and field of Human Resources.
- In partnership with Global Head of HRBPs and the HRBP Leadership team, create a new Service Delivery team that will be accountable for the tactical execution of HR services within the HRBP Community including but not limited to: Workday changes, requisition management and data corrections.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources. Some experience in a HR Center of Excellence is preferred.
- Ability to work in an organization with a culture that emphasizes “speed wins,” yet does not sacrifice quality while working in this fast paced environment.
- A true team player. Someone who works collaboratively and can break down silos.
- An individual who is extremely resilient. One who has had setbacks and failures and is able to quickly assess what led to the setback and respond with a new and successful approach.
- A positive, optimistic, action oriented individual with a ‘can do’ mentality.
- A confident individual with outstanding learning agility who responds to criticism openly, always looking to improve and learn new ways to do things more effectively.
- An individual with professional executive presence and impact.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate facts and ideas in a compelling and organized manner.
- A creative and pragmatic problem solver who can quickly distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information when addressing a situation.
- A person who possesses a deep understanding and passion for the business with a high level of intellectual curiosity about the critical issues to the organization and industry.
- A true knowledge expert of their specific function or business with a thorough understanding of the top talent and critical roles within that organization.
- Someone who leads with data and utilizes technical expertise to influence decisions.
- A courageous advocate with a clear point-of-view.
- An ability to manage projects and multi task with ease.
- Experience working in a complex matrixed organization.
- A calm and poised individual, particularly when under pressure.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity.
- Substantial knowledge of HR policies and processes and employment laws.