Director of Human Resources
The Vdara Director of Human Resources works closely with the General Manager in planning and directing all aspects of the property’s talent and Human Resources (HR) functions, including ensuring adherence to labor laws, regulations, and Corporate policies and procedures. This position partners closely with the ARIA HR team to develop and execute strategies that align with the overall business to include Employee Engagement, Talent Management, Employee and Labor Relations, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits. All duties are performed in accordance with property and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Develops and executes comprehensive strategies, initiatives and tactics to align property culture and brand with Company objectives and ultimately drive organizational performance in the areas of employee engagement and guest service.
- Collaborates and builds relationships within the property, across MGM Resorts and with key external stakeholders to contribute to the success of both Vdara and the Company.
- Provides input and direction in the development and monitoring of department operations and strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for the Company.
- Drives the execution of goal-setting and performance management processes, ensuring meaningful performance discussions and constructive feedback while continually aligning efforts to business results.
- Partners with ARIA HR and the Employee & Labor Relations CoE regarding collective bargaining matters, resolving grievances, and maintaining business relationships with labor organizations.
- Interfaces with the Events & Communications CoE to ensure successful execution of Company-sponsored employee engagement events, activities and communications at the property level.
- Liaises with the Learning & Development CoE to support leadership development programs and guest service initiatives, while driving timely completion of required compliance training.
- Responsible for department team member development and maintaining a work environment that promotes integrity, teamwork, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Assists with the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technologies, and processes to ensure a leading position within the Hospitality Industry.
- Collaborates with MGM Resorts HR Centers of Excellence to ensure initiatives are properly executed and supports the Company mission, vision, and values.
- Provides insight into key performance indicators and employee trends, leads research and analysis to determine root causes, and evaluates and implements new practical strategies and tactics to achieve successful outcomes.
- Fosters an engaged employee community that values and supports the pillars of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Provides management with HR advice and counsel, analyzing information and outlining potential risks, as well as recommending appropriate courses of action.
- Maintains and updates policies and procedures, as well as ensures compliance with federal, state, county, and city regulations concerning employment.
- Collects timely data to support business initiatives through focus groups, surveys, 1:1 interviews, and other methodologies.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements new approaches and/or procedural changes to support continual improvement.
- Leads special projects to successful completion and evaluates overall results.
- Performs other duties as required.
- At least 5 years of professional HR experience, with at least three 3 years. of supervisory/management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a similar field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Employee/Labor Relations experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing a Human Resources staff.
- Strong leadership abilities, sound judgment, superior problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills, with superior attention to quality and detail.
- Ability to effectively coach and counsel both employees and executive-level management.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and mediate as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, individually and in groups, and manage through ambiguity.
- Ability to use mature, sound discretion when working with confidential information.
- Proven track record of being energetic, forward thinking, and creative.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both in written and oral forms.
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Hospitality experience in a dynamic environment with over 1,000 employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish, both in written and oral forms.
- Workday or other SAS software experience.