• Function as a trusted member/advisor of the senior management team in the integration of HR strategy with corporate strategy and on all personnel matters.
• Manage all aspects of organizational development activities including talent development, leadership development, cultural change, employee engagement.
• Drive a talent acquisition strategy which includes recruitment, onboarding, retention, and development of production and office employees to meet business needs.
• Partner with department managers to develop training programs that support the company’s operational goals and objectives.
• Develop HR programs and identify key HR metrics to analyze and solve business problems that impact organizational effectiveness.
• Maintain knowledge of company policies, industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organizational compliance.
• Assist senior management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
• Demonstrate a continuous improvement approach toward establishing best practices in the HR function.
• Manage a staff of four Human Resources professionals.
• Travel to the Iowa location as required, but at least one time per quarter.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or related field, advanced degrees MHRM or MBA a plus.
• 5-10 years progressive, successful HR management experience, manufacturing environment is preferred, multi-plant experience is a plus.
• Technical/professional knowledge and experience in current federal and state employment laws, FMLA and state leave laws, ADA, civil rights, fair employment practices and associated reporting requirements, and wage and hour laws.
• Comfortable working with minimal direction and able to thrive when given functional ownership.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and/or manage multiple projects at once.
• Capable of dealing with personnel matters at all levels of the organization with sensitivity and maturity.
• Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.