Director of Human Resources
North Kingstown, RI, United States
Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, is seeking a Director of Human Resources - North America. This position is located at our US Corporate Headquarters in North Kingstown, Rhode Island and directs all aspects of the human resources function at our facilities throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the implementation and execution of human resources strategies to support our business throughout North America. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates seeking a career with an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization with a global presence!
As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. We work with manufacturers to create solutions for the smart factory, where quality drives productivity.
As the Director of Human Resources – North America you will be responsible for the leadership and facilitation of the development of culture and key capabilities for the organization as well as securing and maintaining a productive, diverse and engaged workforce comprised of the best talent available. Through the design, development and implementation of Human Resources strategies, you will support the design and execution of the business plan to achieve successful results and sustainable growth.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO Hexagon Metrology, Inc. North America, you will serve as a lead business partner to the Senior Management Team providing strategic counsel and identifying key HR metrics to analyze and solve business problems that impact organizational effectiveness, and strategies to support the business throughout North America. You will produce both strategic and tactical outcomes, and provide leadership and management for all Human Resources functions.
Responsibilities will include
- Directing staff and the activities of the Human Resources department, as well as overseeing the selection and development of staff
- Developing goals and objectives for the HR department, initiating specific programs, and integrating various functions of the department.
- Directing the learning and development programs of the Company to promote continuous learning and support individual development of employees in a cost-effective manner, to help ensure the availability of present and future talent.
- In collaboration with senior management, planning, recommending, and promoting HR policies and programs in support of Company objectives.
- Directing the employee relations function, identifying and analyzing problems and taking appropriate corrective action, and minimizing exposure.
- Recommending and developing the Company's overall compensation program, including salary administration, job evaluation, and benefits programs. Staying informed of new trends and developments in alternative methods of compensation and changes in tax laws.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of latest HR development theory and methods and providing suitable interpretation to managers and staff within the organization.
- Evaluating and negotiating with welfare and benefits partners to ensure the quality and reliability of services, and analyzing market conditions as they relate to current and future costs of those plans.
- Ensuring that recruiting practices are in compliance with OFCCP regulations.
- Preparing and implementing operating and expenditure budgets for the HR department.
- Initiating, cultivating, and maintaining professional relationships that ensure the successful resolution of problems with all levels of management and outside legal counsel.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, advising, and evaluating the performance of and, when necessary, disciplining and/or discharging personnel.
- Maintaining and promoting positive employee relations in the work environment.
- Frequently traveling to Company facilities, providing HR visibility to the organization, and participating in Global HR meetings. Approximate travel up to 40%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Organizational Development or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressively related work experience, including a minimum of 5+ years managing, leading and developing a team of HR professionals, preferably in a manufacturing/ technology industry
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control.
- Expert knowledge of HR management including ability to administer HR policies and programs.
- Expert knowledge of employee relations to conduct and deal with employee issues in a proactive manner.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with the company employees, all levels of management in identifying and resolving complex issues
- Strong influence and change management skills with prior experience working in a highly-matrixed global organization
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view toward reaching strategic decisions
- Knowledge of policy development and ability to influence future actions in terms of developing short and long-range policy
- Knowledge of compensation programs, including salary and benefits program design and federal and state regulations, defined contribution 401(k) plans and various welfare benefit plans
- Knowledge of affirmative action program design and administration
- Knowledge of personnel policies and practices including ability to develop/recommend policies, to interpret and apply policies consistently in context of total problem resolution. Implicit is knowledge of employment laws and their implications
- Knowledge of personnel record-keeping requirements and administration
- Strong organizational skill
- Highly effective interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills appropriate for all levels of the organization
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing/technology environment preferred