A bit about us: while most retailers only want you to buy what they’re selling, the Grommet is focused on helping people discover things worth buying. Through our e-commerce shop and wholesale business, we shine a light on great new products from small businesses and help them compete with the big guys, so that the best ideas win.
The Grommet is seeking a human resources expert to join our team in Somerville. You are a strategic leader with strong business acumen who drives important people related initiatives, yet doesn’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You have a passion for people and our business and will be a trusted partner to our team and its leaders.
- Management & Employee Coaching: You will partner with our management team and employees to foster a kind approach as issues arise, provide moral support, share your expertise and increase retention.
- Training & Development: You will coach our managers as they develop individual career development plans for their direct reports. Additionally, you will manage company wide training and development initiatives.
- HR Policies & Compliance: You will continuously work to improve our HR infrastructure, helping the Grommet to develop best in class, compliant processes, policies and procedures.
- Culture: We pride ourselves in fostering a corporate culture in which our employees feel at home and supported to do their best work. You will work hand in hand with our executive team to maintain and tirelessly seek ways to improve our culture.
- Performance Management: You will manage the process that assesses our team’s performance and always be on the lookout for ways to improve it.
- HR Project Management: You will propose and drive a diverse array of human resource projects and initiatives.
- Recruitment: Our team is our most important asset. You will help manage, coordinate and guide the recruitment process that helps us find the best of the best.
- Onboarding: We have a robust onboarding process that ensures each new hire has what they need to succeed. You will lead all onboarding activity including, but not limited to, new hire orientation sessions, new hire paperwork and goal setting.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5-8+ years of progressive human resources experience
- Experience leading HR at an early stage technology company
- SPHR certification preferred
- Adaptability & flexibility
- A deep understanding of: employee relations, learning & development, compensation, compliance/employment law & recruiting
- A sense of urgency and energetic, proactive approach
- Demonstrated thought leadership in delivering employee programs
SOME OF THE GOOD STUFF
Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square. Free coffee and snacks!
Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a growing startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here.