The Director of Human Resources, Global Capital Markets will serve as a strategic HR business partner to the GCM senior management teams. The successful candidate will provide proactive counsel to business leaders and develop and implement innovative HR strategies that contribute to GCM achieving its business objectives.
• Provide leadership, guidance and strategic advice to the GCM leadership team for all HR related issues.
• Partner with client group’s senior management teams to identify, develop and deliver HR strategies that align with GCM business objectives.
• Provide leadership and oversight with respect to GCM’s performance management including annual performance appraisals, goal setting, coaching, counseling and career development.
• Execute talent management strategies, learning and development programs, succession planning strategies and diversity initiatives to meet the needs of a dynamic organization. Ensure that future leaders are being identified and developed to assume broader roles within the organization.
• Manage and facilitate the annual year-end compensation review process with client groups.
• Develop and support change management initiatives in line with client group strategies.
• Drive and enable Scotiabank’s cultural transformation. Support a customer-focused, performance-oriented environment.
• Partner with corporate HR and the HR COE to deliver and integrate HR solutions/processes that meet the business needs of GCM and ensure seamless delivery of corporate programs to client groups.
• Manage and develop a team of HR professionals supporting GCM.
• Collaborate with fellow HR colleagues to engage and leverage the broader global HR team across the organization.
• Ensure Scotiabank is staying current with emerging trends and that HR best practices are being adopted throughout the organization.
• Keep abreast of regulatory changes in all jurisdictions that could impact the business and HR processes.
• At least 10 years experience in progressively senior HR roles, preferably within financial services.
• Deep knowledge of multiple HR disciplines such as talent management, performance management, organizational design, change management and compensation.
• Experience in strategic HR business partner roles at a large, global organization. Has partnered with senior business leaders to successfully deliver leading HR initiatives.
• May have gained experience working in an HR consulting role.
• Previously supported large HR strategies and change management initiatives.
• Experience overseeing and developing HR professionals is preferred.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills. A track record of developing and maintaining highly effective relationships at all levels of an organization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to various audiences including senior leadership.
University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related degree.
An advanced degree in Human Resources and/or an HR certification such as CHRP is an asset.
Requisition ID: 22862