At Freshly, our mission is to make our customers happy, healthy and more free to pursue their passions. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being part of history and future success. We are looking for a dynamic, people-centric self-starter to join our Human Resources team as a Director of HR for our Phoenix, AZ fulfillment center. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. The Director of HR leads management training and development, succession planning, policy review and implementation, etc.
- Lead the Human Resources team, overseeing training, payroll, safety, employee relations, worker's compensation, and all other initiatives related to the Human Resource function.
- Work with management to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
- Partner with business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment.
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Provide direction, council, and coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee issues.
- Support line managers and employees in addressing all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties' interests.
- Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies/programs/procedures.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing best-in-class employment practices.
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Provide ongoing support to the plant leadership team on human resources related matters, policies and procedures.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Deploy a hands-on approach in effectively assessing the needs of the employees and driving efficient follow-up and reaction to those needs.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred.
- Be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- Maintain a strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results.
- Have flexibility with regard to work hours in order to meet the needs of the employees and management team relative to accessibility, and visibility, across all shifts as needed.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans
- Experience with assessing talent and managing performance
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Resume that shows steady progression in HR leadership for the last 5+ years
- Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring others
- 7+ years' experience in Fortune 500 company(s) or startups.
- Prior experience supporting hourly employee client groups (distribution, manufacturing, or call center environments).
Nice to have:
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
- Commitment to "open door" and comfort with production floor presence and contact with all plant employees.
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors to use company practices for maximum effectiveness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation.
- Excellent presentation skills and knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to have fun! The world is already filled with stuffy HR people. Dare to be different.
- Strong evidence of stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles.
- Previous involvement with plant start-up planning and hiring a large workforce
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer's doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.