Provides overall management and strategic leadership for Human Resources and Employee Health. The position assures the Mission, Vision and Values of Bayfront Health are represented in all decisions for the delivery of services.
- Develops and executes the HR strategic plan objectives in alignment with the hospital strategic plan.
- Advises and assists hospital leadership management staff in application and interpretation of personnel policies, legal compliance, grievance, and discipline and all employment decisions problems, transfers and terminations.
- Maintains positive employee relationships with all departments and provides assistance as needed to provide an optimum level of departmental services and address and potential interdepartmental issues.
- Investigates causes of disputes and grievances and recommends corrective action.
- Serves as an employee advocate, ensuring consistent, fair and equitable treatment of all employees
- Ensures compliance of Employment and Immigration Laws for all new employees across the workplace
- Maintains personnel and record requirements for JCAHO The Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation, federal and state regulations.
- Ensures a highly effective New Hire Orientation and Onboarding experience all new employees attend orientation within required timeframe and communicate policies and benefits of hospital.
- Ensures that all new hire / rehire state reporting requirements are completed.
- Ensures performance appraisal system is effective and reviews returned in a timely manner.
- Ensures all merit and wage increases adjustments are approved in accordance to corporate procedure and policy.
- Monitors and coordinates preparation and updating of job descriptions and position evaluations, identifying changes or inequities
- Drives overall recruitment and retention objectives in conjunction with hospital and CHS standards.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- Master's preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of human resource experience, preferably in healthcare field, with at least two (2) years in a management or Director level role in a healthcare environment required.
- Experience with Kronos Payroll Systems and Ultipro HRIS Systems (or similar HRIS systems such as PeopleSoft)