The Director of HR and Organizational Development leverages depth of experience and passion to contribute to the University’s mission. This leader has dual responsibility for HR consulting and organization development. This leader is responsible for leading program development and partnering withinternal HR stakeholders to execute programs for talent, leadership, succession planning, employee engagement, change management and talent acquisition.This position engages personal strengths to navigate and influence across complex organizations, establishes relationships as a trusted advisor, and balances innovative approaches with practical and viable deliverables. Initiative, critical thinking skills, reverence for others, customer-focused consultative style, servant leadership and polished execution will position this professional as a valued and integral team player in transforming the organization. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with management and provides HR guidance and advice on people matters.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Implement and manage an overarching learning and development strategy for the University. Design and develop solutions that can include and are not limited to: facilitation to enhance organization effectiveness, change management, talent assessment and high potential planning, succession planning, leadership development, organization design, performance management, staff learning and development, coaching and performance effectiveness for teams from front line to executive team.
- Drives to continuously improve current talent and new organization development services using a systems lens and managing complexity through approaches that offer simplicity and efficiency
- Delivers and/or facilitates consulting engagements with internal clients from inception through implementation and from strategic ideation and assessment to detailed work-plan development, execution and measurement.
- Works closely with enterprise and business unit leadership from management to c-suite executives
- Acts as a change agent, and builds change acceptance strategies and sustainability plans for programs, initiatives, projects and services to improve organizational performance
- Develops a comprehensive life-cycle talent program from recruiting through career pathing and succession planning incorporating Grantham’s employer brand
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 8 - 10 years relevant experience including internal or external human resources consulting, and direct responsibility for managing programs and/or projects; 10+ years highly preferred.
- Experience in Higher Ed preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or related discipline required; Graduate degree highly preferred
- Experience with change management methodologies and tools; personality, 360s and other assessments; innovative performance management practices; and career development programs: certification(s) preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience working with senior leaders, including building executive summaries and presentations
- Skills in assessment, organization, planning, implementation and problem-solving required.
- Clear ability to multi-task, learn and leverage a variety of software applications.
- Highly motivated and success-driven with the ability to implement and manage cross-functional projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as negotiation and conflict resolution skills.