Job Description and Responsibilities:
ABOUT WYNN BOSTON HARBOR Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth.
Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
Wynn Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Wynn Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Wynn Boston Harbor team.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Director of Housekeeping is responsible for overseeing the operations of both Housekeeping Operations and Linen & Laundry Services.
This position will be fully accountable for the financial performance, guest room cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and team member satisfaction as it relates to these operations. This includes, but is not limited to: creating and implementing the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Wynn Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Wynn Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Wynn Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- care about everyone and everything
- show never ending attention to detail
- take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- always strive to be better
- Implements short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Held accountable for departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Oversees the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Administers departmental operating budget and financial controls. Responsible for financial planning, forecast, labor, and payroll for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Oversees all hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which may require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Wynn contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Wynn brand.
- Responsible for all inventory, equipment, administrative supplies and any necessary items within the Housekeeping and Linen and Laundry Departments.
- Must be able to work proficiently with deadlines and disciplined to work without constant guidance and supervision.
- Manages the inventory, equipment, administrative supplies and any necessary items within the Housekeeping and Linen and Laundry Departments.
- Ensures the Wynn standards of cleanliness and appearance for all housekeeping areas, which include but not limited to; guest rooms, back of house lockers, and tower public areas.
- Oversee all duties of the department which included but not limited to: room quality control, guest requests, tracking keys, daily pass downs, conducting pre-shifts, overseeing special projects, maintaining equipment and supplies necessary to support the department.
- Responsible for training and staff development.
- Conducts inspections in all guest rooms, hallways and related back of house space in order to maintain a high level of cleanliness.
- Works closely with maintenance manager and engineering department to ensure upkeep of the assigned area(s)/rooms.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
High School degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experiencepreferred.
Minimum 8years of Hotel/Housekeepingexperience, 5 years in a leadership role required.
Requires strong computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.