Director of Housekeeping
The Director of Housekeeping coordinates and performing housekeeping services to assure a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside the building. He/She supervises the housekeepers, house persons and may be required to supervise other staff positions. This position reports to the Executive Director
• Coordinates staffingschedules to ensure the proper cleaning of offices, public spaces, and residential apartments.
• Uses cleaning chemicals safely and properly in accordance with department guidelines and assures compliance with local, state, and federal safety standards, MSDS, OSHA, EPA and other relevant rules and regulations.
• Coordinates the annual deep cleaning program for apartments.
• Schedules the preparation of apartments for move-ins.
• Conducts inspection of offices, common space, guestrooms, and residential apartments.
• Maintains inventory control systems for all supplies, chemicals, and equipment.
• Informs Executive Director of any resident issues or concerns.
• Develops and monitors the housekeeping department budget.
• Prepares resident charges/billing for housekeeping services when applicable.
• May, in consultation with the Executive Director, hire, train, discipline and terminates department employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation’s human services policy.
• Participate in the Manager on Duty program
• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Ensures that all company uniform and grooming standards for the department are followed.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requisition ID 2018-6003