ID2018-2180# of Openings 1CategoryHousekeeping
The legendary Galt House Hotel, the largest convention hotel in the Southeast region, with a combination of 1300 rooms and suites and over 130,000 square feet of meeting space, 6 restaurants and lounges and so much more, has the perfect opportunity if you are an experienced Director of Housekeeping!
The primary responsibility of the Director of Housekeeping will be providing supervision, direction and qualitative management of the Housekeeping, Laundry, and Public Area departments, to ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained. Provide a work environment that promotes integrity, fosters teamwork, recognizes initiative, and ensures excellence throughout the department.
- Hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide avenues of open communication with team members and handle disciplinary issues.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the housekeeping's labor staffs and expense annual budget for housekeeping and laundry areas. Manage the housekeeping monthly forecast for labor productivity, and expense management.
- Keep informed of industry trends and current technology to maximize revenue and maintain competitive position.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training programs to insure the highest level of customer service throughout the department.
- Resolve customer complaints; follow through on a comment card and customer feedback as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversees lost and found procedures for all housekeeping areas.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings that motivate and prepare staff, ensure shift change updates are completed, realign department goals and increase department accuracy and productivity.
- Manage relationships with vendors, outside contractors and individuals providing services to the Housekeeping Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; College Degreepreferred.
- Must have experience working in the HousekeepingDepartment of a 600-800 room property.
- 5 years of Housekeeping management experience.
- Must have operational knowledge of working in a Housekeeping department.
- Proven positive leadership skills with a focus on training and development within the department.
- Bilingual highly desired; excellent communication skills verbally and written.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, very diverse office environment.
- Physical ability to clean, lift, push, pull, reach, move furniture and operate equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Galt House Hotel offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401k, a complimentary meal in associate cafeteria, complimentary parking, a discounted monthly TARC bus pass and more.