Less than 5 years
Posted 233 days ago
This position will be accountable for promoting and affecting a culture of hospitality. Reporting to the community's Executive Director and the Corporate Director of Hospitality Services, you will manage the community's first impressions and signature services, lead the development and training of staff to enhance the hospitality culture, assist in welcoming new residents and staff to the community, assist with resident programming, events, and special resident requests.
• First Impressions Assist the community’s team Members in the achievement of the community’s First Impression Goals and help the community’s staff understand how their roles relate to the successful execution of the First Impression.
• Role of Hospitality, Assist the community’s staff in understanding the most hospitable way to interact with anyone who enters the community, by developing the tools necessary for hospitable customer interaction.
• The Community, The entire Community should adhere to one standard, every area be it the front of the house or back of the house should be held to the same level of scrutiny.
• The Tour Path, Always maintain an excellent level of hospitality/cleanliness in the Tour Path, by making sure the proper items, events, and interactions (i.e. flowers, photographs, cooking demonstrations, recognition of guest by name by staff) are in place at all times and all events (resident activities/major or minor building repairs) are coordinated appropriately.
• Signature Services, The delivery of the Senior Lifestyle Corporation’s Signature Services is a key component to the Community’s image. These Signature Services help differentiate the Community from its competitors by enhancing the community’s image and level of service.
• Employee On-Boarding, The DOH should play an integral role in the Employee On-Boarding process, by acting as a liaison between the Human Resources Department and the New Hire, as well as helping reinforce the expectations/standards that are set for the on-boarding process.
• Table Side Manner and Dining Room Atmosphere, Work with the Dining Room Manager Staff to support a polished hospitality approach to dining room service.
• Special Request/Event Coordination, Let the Community’s residents, residents’ families, or out-side entity know that you are there to help fulfill any special request related to their dining experience. Assist in the coordination and oversight during special community events.
• Resident On-Boarding, Ensure that every Department is notified of all new move-ins to help coordinate new resident involvement in appropriate activities and meals.
• Staff Training – Resident Care Staff, Support the Hospitality Training for the Clinical community’s Staff. Reinforce hospitable interactions between the clinical care staff and the more frail residents (AL & SNF).
• Move Out Enhance the move-out process by participating as the last point of contact for the resident and their family.
• Community Ambassadors. The DOH will take a role in the development and operation of the Ambassador program at the community.
• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in office skills, and with computer software.