Leads the entire mulitidisciplinary team in achieving clinical and financial program goals across the enterprise. Implements best practice in staffing and care delivery according to available evidence. Strategy expert with an eye towards program growth. Provides enabling structures and processes to achieve a high level of patient and family satisfaction.
In partnership with Administrative Leadership, sets program growth targets and supports marketing plan with appropriate level and number of staff to create a "Best in Class" reputation for the Hospice Programs across all regions.
Ensure regulatory standards of clinical care and quality using NHPCO standards as well as other nationally accepted clinical evidence.Ensures accountability of staff for maintaining compliance in clinical care and quality. Ensures staff are accountable for quality patient outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement. Oversees implementation of plans to meet stated objectives and outcomes. Reviews contract and benchmarking data to ensure compliance with stated goals. Participates in the development of policies and procedures. Fosters a climate of survey readiness. Monitors patient satisfaction and customer concerns. Monitors and improves utelization and efficiency.
- Assure that staff have solid structures and processes in place to problem solve and conduct weekly case conferences. Increase the certification rate of all Hospice staff.
- Work with Senior Leadership team to strategically plan new programs. Lead marketing and growth including face to face marketing visits to MD practices and payor organizations.
- Engage as a liaison to other Baystate entities including home health program leaders. Attend all departmental, agency and system wide programs and meetings as requested to educatual and integrate system wide end of life care.
- Provide mentoring, onboarding, knowledge transfer and knowledge documentation support via department of education to continuously contribute to the professional development of all staff• Assures appropriate utilization of services upon admission, discharge and as needed. Establish clinical leadership to oversee case conferences with clinicians.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Masters Degree in related field required ( MSN, MBA. MHA,MPA) or must be in progress
- 5 - 10 years of progressive leadership experience in Hospice Care and Team Management.
Ability to strategically plan new programs and enhancements. Plan and organize supportive team structures and processes to achieve excellent outcomes in patient care, patient satisfaction and staff engagement. Understand Hospice philosophy and model of care. Emotional intelligence characteristics of a mature leader with sensitivity to support and firmness to sustain change. Aptitude for effectively collaborating and influencing others at all organizational levels both within the organization and with outside stakeholdersAble to identify reports and data to drive decisions. Adept at Microsoft Word and EMR applications. Demonstrated strong work ethic and ability to balance competing priorities and multiple projects concurrently. Knowledge of Baystate Health entities, physicians and services and ability to effectively represent the department and the system.
Job ID 79317