This position provides leadership and direction for Home Health services for assigned agencies/sites. Assures a full range of high quality services that meet patient and referral source needs in specific communities. Executes strategic plans and growth strategies leading to increased market share. Provides supervision to direct reports to assure strategic tactics are carried out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure that the agency effectively serves its patients, their families and the community as evidenced by the achievement of outcomes.
- Provides a challenging, rewarding, and positive environment in which an equitably compensated staff experiences a high degree of satisfaction and accomplishment in serving patients and their families.
- Through supervisors, ensures that all clinical services and programs offered by agency, based on predetermined protocols and standards, are implemented and monitored.
- Provides the vision and leadership for developing an operational framework that assures the accomplishment of system strategic priorities and achieves the quality, customer service and financial outcomes for the home care program.
- Assures the development of a comprehensive quality improvement program that meets the standards of accrediting bodies and is in compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation and State licensure requirements and facilitates the achievement of outcomes.
- Collaborates with support staff to assure quality improvement activities result in positive outcomes for patients and attain desired quality benchmarks for the agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a culture of responsibility and accountability for results at the level of the organization closest to the patient and clients. Assures accountability for clinical, quality and customer service outcomes rests at the individual associate level.
- Guides and oversees the implementation of clinical service delivery policies and Human Resource standards, procedures and policies related to the delivery of home care.
- Provides leadership, advice and counsel to Supervisors to ensure that home care services meet all accrediting and regulatory guidelines and regulations, minimizes liability, reduces risk and maintains a positive licensure accreditation and waiver status.
- Assures the established systems for financial operations are managed effectively and efficiently – billing, information systems, payroll, etc.
- Develops agency budgets in collaboration with the Finance market lead.
- Monitors volumes/revenue and expenses to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Analyzes gross profit factors, market conditions, business volume/mix, competition and operational costs/requirements.
- Collaborates with the Finance market lead to negotiate contracts as required for the provision of services.
- Prepares proposals or recommendations (with applicable supporting documentation) to be considered by the AHAH Leadership Team for changes to business focus, direction or other strategic plans which have a significant or policy impact.
- Assesses market potential for assigned areas and develops annual business plans. Assures growth strategies are executed leading to increased market share.
- Provides strategic direction for development and management of Home Health marketing, fundraising and community outreach efforts.
- Assure that tactics and strategies defined in the strategic plan and system strategic priorities are implemented and evaluated. Collaborates with organization leaders in developing services that meet the needs of referral sources and patients in communities served.
- Communicates with physicians and other medical community members to represent AHAH’s values in assisting with the serving of their patients.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires RN License in the state of Michigan
- CPR certification.
- Requires current driver’s license, use of care and proof of auto insurance.
- Requires three (3) to five (5)years of progressive responsibility in a leadership role in home health/home care, with emphasis on knowledge of regulations and operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires well developed communication and interpersonal skills conducive to professional presentations to varied constituencies.
- Requires a high level of analytical and problem-solving ability to address moderate to complex organizational issues.
- Computer literacy required with demonstrated knowledge of PC based software office products.
- Requires the ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change.
- Must be able to function professionally in client residences when conditions may be less than desirable to the Director.
- Home care experience/knowledge of relevant regulations and services.
- Demonstrated leadership experience