Be part of an innovative technical team: Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, we are looking for a Director of Health Information Systems (HIS) professional who is passionate about advancing an ambitious Information Systems agenda that includes implementation of clinical technologies and applications, is HIPAA compliant and implements and optimizes agency-wide Informatics. The role will liaise with our IT Department, Operational, and Clinical leaders to plan, administer and maintain health information systems and standards, operational objectives, and HIS measurable outcomes. At La Clínica, your work will be engaging as you will be presented with exciting opportunities to collaborate at a systems level and think strategically on healthcare delivery within an HIS context. As a result, you will need to be an agile and solutions oriented visionary who can take ownership of projects and including all phases of assigned project implementation, stabilization, and optimization. This is a role that calls for an individual who is exceptionally client-focused, resolutions-oriented, and efficient while at the same time being engaging and affable. This is a role that calls for an individual who is exceptionally systems-oriented and remains within compliance-focused guidelines while at the same time remembering the humans who "touch" these systems. Many IT professionals excel at one of these areas, but it takes someone with a special combination of technical expertise and relatability to successfully combine and execute these skills. To be successful, you need to enjoy working with all kinds of different people, to feel energized by an ever-changing healthcare environment, and remain versed and relevant in such environments. You should have a successful history of managing large and small projects and communicating out to stakeholders with the aim to support healthcare delivery.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- OCHIN Epic Project Manager; this project will be the primary focus of the next several years, through implementation, stabilization, and optimization and beyond. Early stages of the project include planning for migration from the NextGen PM/EHR platform to the OCHIN EPIC PM/EHR platform.
- Dentrix Project Manager; this Dental project currently underway, will migrate Dental clinical operations from a limited NextGen EDR platform to the Dentrix Enterprise (cloud based) EDR.
- Serve as Project Manager, subject matter expert, or project team participant, for several other projects, some currently underway, which include Optometry, Pharmacy, Radiology, Behavioral Health, and other La Clinica departments. Type of project participation and level will be determined by supervisor.
- Collaborate with Director of IT, other project managers and project portfolio manager on IT and other relevant projects to ensure achievement of project deliverables and alignment with La Clinica's business strategies and priorities.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Identify and propose technologies and systems to execute on the HIS program.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of systems and applications by providing expertise and support during upgrades, installations, conversions and general maintenance.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new solutions will meet business and system requirements.
- Working in tight coordination with the Chief Information Officer/ Information Security Officer and the Director of IT; in accordance with current HIPPA compliance regulations, implement, document, and maintain an information systems and process-driven PHI protection program.
- Provide technical sound management and oversight for health information systems, especially focused on electronic health records.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Communications & Operations
- Communicate daily with the Chief information Officer.
- Work with Chief Information Officer to develop and document the strategic direction of the La Clinica's Health Information Systems and own HIS initiatives.
- Serve as a trusted business partner and advisor working with staff to analyze needs and develop cross-functional solutions to enhance productivity, improve support, and facilitate service delivery to La Clinica's clients.
- Produce detailed project plans, timelines, and budgets for assigned HIS projects and implement their effective project controls through directing tasks, monitoring progress, and providing statuses to the CIO, other project stakeholders, and clinical and operational leadership as appropriate.
- Produce regular communications to all users of HIS systems and services including Support Level Agreements (SLAs) for support contract expectations, service interruption notices, upcoming rollout plans, and general and specific project updates.
- Create and implement Standard Operating Policies and Procedures for documentation of Health Information Systems architecture, systems acquisition, change management, service provision, security of, and disaster recovery for health information systems, in coordination with the CIO, Director of IT, and other IT Department staff as appropriate.
Staff Development and Vendor Management
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel.
- Directs education programs for her/his staff.
- Conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants, and/or replacement personnel.
- Direct HIS staffing functions including hiring, managing, and prioritizing workload and including setting guidelines and evaluating performance.
- Oversees the development and design of HIS training to ensure that HIS is equipped to meet the needs of users, offices, and La Clinica in general.
- Establish and build relationships with vendors in conjunction with negotiating and administering contracts and service agreements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- In coordination with the CIO and Director of IT; assists in the development of the departmental budget and appropriate forecasts.
- Recommends and develops plans for health information systems development and operations
- Participates in the development of short and long-term HIS roadmap.
- Articulates an HIS vision which is in support of the organization's short and long-term goals and strategic plan.
- Reviews survey feedback, evaluates SLA data, and drives deep support ticket analysis to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Triages HIS support tickets with goal of directing and prioritizing HIS support ticket workload.
- Represents the HIS function at customer and vendor review meetings when appropriate.
- Represents HIS internal quality improvement programs.