Directs the Health and Wellness Program. Ensures that Senior Lifestyle standards and state requirements for resident care are met. Directs staff, ensures regulatory compliance and is responsible for management of clinical budget. This position reports to the Executive Director with DDHW oversight.
- Directly oversee the delivery of care to Assisted Living residents to ensure that emotional, physical, psychological and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
- Coordinate, along with the Executive Director, family/resident care conferences and serve as a direct liaison between residents, families, and staff. Work with residents, families and other staff to ensure that residents are at appropriate levels of care.
- Manage labor costs, supplies and other line items in clinical budget.
- Monitor documentation systems to ensure that all regulatory timeframes for review of assessments and service plans are met and that resident needs are met. Write and review residents' assessments/evaluations and care-plans with appropriate staff.
- Assess/evaluate potential residents for Assisted Living level of care. This may involve assessing/evaluating potential residents in their home or another healthcare setting; must be able to drive to location and perform assessment/evaluation professionally and timely. Schedule and conduct new resident orientation for all Assisted Living Residents.
- Provide, plan, schedule and monitor staff training programs and in-services for the Assisted Living staff including statutory or regulatory required training. Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Manage and coordinate the work of all nursing and other assisted living staff, communicating pertinent resident health and safety information. This includes overseeing and/or completing staff schedules monthly and daily assignments.
- Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Ensure compliance with all state regulatory requirements including mandatory reporting to State. Ensure that all concern and incident reports are completed, filed and that follow-up is conducted appropriately.
- Assist and/or perform in mock surveys.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers while adhering to all policies, standards and procedures of Company.
- Require 24/7 on-call clinical support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Level of Formal Education: Associate's Degree with one to two years related experience or training. Bachelor's Degree- preferred. Minimum LPN/LVN license.
Area of Study: Nursing
Years of Experience: Mid-level (3-5 years) preferred
Type of Experience: Experience in managing associates; scheduling; communicating with families, residents and outside providers
Special Certifications: LPN/LVN or RN license required; CPR certification required
Language Skills: English
Technical Competencies: Computer literacy. Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
Skills and Ability:
Information Systems: HRIS; clinical documentation systems
Personal Attributes: Positive; Able to manage multiple high level tasks such as scheduling staff; scheduling care conferences and maintaining communication with staff and families in a professional, positive manner.
Other/Preferred: Must maintain CEU and other state requirements for the position, as applicable.