Director of Health and Wellness
Directs the Health and Wellness Program. Ensures that Senior Lifestyle standards and state requirements for resident care are met. Directs staff, ensures regulatory compliance and is responsible for management of clinical budget. This position reports to the Executive Director with DDHW oversight.
- Directly oversees the delivery of care to Assisted Living residents to ensure that emotional, physical, psychological and safety needs are met through all program services and activities.
- Coordinates, along with the Executive Director, and family/resident care conferences and serves as a direct liaison between residents, families, and staff. Works with residents, families and other staff to ensure that residents are at appropriate levels of care.
- Manages labor costs, supplies and other line items in clinical budget.
- Monitors documentation systems to ensure that all regulatory timeframes for review of assessments and service plans are met and that resident needs are met. Writes and reviews residents’ assessments/evaluations and care-plans with appropriate staff.
- Assesses/evaluates potential residents for Assisted Living level of care. This may involve assessing/evaluating potential residents in their home or anotherhealthcare setting; must be able to drive to location and perform assessment/evaluation professionally and timely. Schedules and conducts new resident orientation for all Assisted Living Residents.
- Plans and schedules staff training programs and in-services for the Assisted Living staff. Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Manages and coordinates the work of all nursing and other assisted living staff, communicating pertinent resident health and safety information. This includes overseeing and/or completing staff schedules monthly and daily assignments.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Ensures compliance with all state regulatory requirements including mandatory reporting to State. Ensures that all concern and incident reports are completed, filed and that follow-up is conducted appropriately.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers while adhering to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Requires 24/7 on-call clinical support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate's Degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LPN/LVN or RN license.
- CPR Certification required.