WHO WE ARE:
SwipeSense is building an operating system for the hospital of the future, today. Our mission is to eliminate Hospital Acquired Infections, a leading cause of death in the United States, through several products built on top of our connected hospital platform - a combination of sensor networks, wearable technologies, and big data insights.
Our platform saves a life every two days, but we're just getting started. If you want to solve problems big and small, experiment relentlessly, and execute ruthlessly to help us save a life a day: welcome.
SwipeSense is a high-growth venture backed company headquartered in Chicago, IL
WHO WE NEED: We are looking for a technical leader with significant experience developing embedded products and platforms from concept to production, and managing a cross-functional engineering team.
PRIMARY ROLE: The Director of Hardware Engineering will serve as leader of the SwipeSense embedded engineering team, while acting as technical expert on critical embedded projects.
- Management of embedded engineering team, including: project management, mentorship and coaching of direct reports.
- Responsible for maintaining technical excellence on the embedded engineering team by implementing and maintaining strong processes such as code review, unit testing, effort estimation, root-cause analysis, etc.
- Collaborate with Product and Web teams as well as VP of Engineering to implement product road map.
- Collaborate with Web and Quality teams to implement and maintain a comprehensive Network Management System.
- Recruiting engineering talent required to execute product roadmap and support continued company growth.
- Serve as communication link between the embedded engineering team and the operations, installation, client excellence teams.
- Ensure embedded team systems and capability to support installation team with RF planning, com hub bring up, and to support manufacturing team with test and QC system implementation.
- Act as architect or individual contributor on critical embedded engineering projects when necessary.
- Leading and managing complex engineering projects through full product development life cycle.
- Background in microcontroller circuit design (AVR, ARM).
- Background in low-level programming (C, C++).
- Background in RF communication protocols (TDMA, WiFi, BLE, ).
- Strong understanding of wired communication protocols (SPI, I2C, Serial).
- Experience in the following engineering areas: power and memory management, algorithm design, signal processing, sensor design.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater, with coursework in mathematics, statistics, operations research, computer science, engineering, econometrics, or similar quantitative analytics discipline (Masters preferred)
- 7+ years of related full-time job experience.