Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race. The Director of Guest Experience provides functional and business expertise and strategic perspective to identify, evaluate, develop and drive guest improvement strategies which create an extraordinary guest experience. This person oversees property-level service improvement initiatives for the resort and is responsible for the research, reporting, development, and facilitation of programs related to service enhancement. The Director of Guest Experience acts as a strategic partner to the operating division executives, proactively assessing needs and assisting divisions with developing customized solutions. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Owns the analysis around guest complaints, root cause analysis and action planning to develop and lead each plan for each complaint grouping to reduce the overall number of guest complaints. Identifies and implements systems, technologies and processes which allow the operations teams to track issues and effectively provide resolution. Works closely with the Corporate Guest Strategy team on strategies to make guest services interactions frictionless.
- Continually examines existing opportunities and creates new strategies to enhance and enrich the guest experience through analysis of guest feedback and other established metrics. Provides leadership, training and guidance to executive team and department heads to minimize and/or eliminate guest issues through effective root cause analysis and problem resolution, enabling best practice sharing.
- Identifies opportunities and creates strategic recommendations for continuous process improvements, increased efficiencies and cost savings.
- Oversee guest relations for all guest-impact departments in accordance with property service standards.
- Measure, analyze and report guest service satisfaction performance metrics from GEM, TripAdvisor, Social Media, Park MGM Observation Tool, and internal inspections.
- Provides insights on key service trends and gaps to the Executive Committee while transitioning ownership of service improvement processes to divisional leaders.
- Partners with operating divisions, regularly reviewing and analyzing data to generate action plans to address service deficiencies/goals in the areas of process improvement, training and employee performance management.
- Collaborates with divisional leaders in evaluating progress of specific service improvements as identified in their action plans and assist in service training needs as needed.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on quality improvement tools and techniques in anticipation of changing guest needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Defines policies, procedures and best practices to advance the quality of guest service practices within the organization.
- Partners with Guest Relations department to understand guest trends and guest recovery opportunities.
- Partners with Human Resources Learning and Development to develop new and analyze existing training curriculum designed to improve guest satisfaction.
- Partners with Employee Engagement to ensure property's needs for service communications are met.
- Leads and mentors the Guest Experience team to enhance their capabilities in the areas of systems thinking and service improvement.
- Supports guest service communication through various channels in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive guest recovery resolution.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for guest experience team to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning process that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel or Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 4 years of management experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in leading quality improvement initiatives.
- Strong influential leadership, solution-driven thinking, solid analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s Degree, MBA.
- Large scale, fast-paced hospitality and/or gaming experience.
- ASQ, Six Sigma, or other quality and process improvement certification.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.