Cotopaxi is an outdoor gear and apparel company on a mission to make a positive impact in the world by creating responsible products that fight poverty.
We’re hiring for a Director of Growth Marketing to own our performance marketing strategy and execution in the next phase of growth for the brand. This leader will be required to collaborate globally across sales and marketing while also overseeing the day-to-day operations of performance marketing channels and team. We’re looking for a highly experienced, motivated, and analytical individual with a deep understanding of D2C performance marketing to drive significant growth for our direct sales channels while also supporting the performance marketing plans of our B2B sales channels.
This individual will be responsible for Cotopaxi’s paid marketing activities across eCommerce, owned retail, wholesale, and corporate sales channels. These activities include: paid social, paid search, email, SMS, direct mail, OTT/CTV and affiliate. This role will also own critical business KPIs in the areas of customer acquisition and retention.
This role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer. This is a remote position.
- Lead performance marketing strategy through execution on paid channels including: social display, paid search, direct mail, affiliate, display, chat, SMS, and loyalty programs
- Create and own paid marketing budget with the guidance of senior leadership; optimize paid budgets based on weekly and monthly pacing
- Analyze and iterate campaigns based on traffic, CPA and revenue goals to drive continued growth
- Build customer insights through marketing channel data and site analytics to continuously find new ways to speak to a growing audience
- Measure and evolve customer attribution to provide a holistic view of channels
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive thoughtful, on-brand creative
- Maintain and develop strong partner relationships with marketing platforms and agencies
- Own and optimize unit economics of customer acquisition and retention
- Collaborate with sales channel owners, and marketing on annual performance marketing planning and execution
- Hire and develop a team of performance marketing professionals in the areas of acquisition and retention
Who You Are:
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to focus
- Strategic; but enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working in the business
- Enjoy building and leading programs and teams
- A self-starter
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Highly analytical
- An out-of-the box thinker/problem solver
- Passionate about the outdoors and the outdoor industry
- A humanitarian at heart
- BA/BS degree required in business, statistics, or economics
- 10+ years of relevant experience scaling paid media to drive revenue and customer growth at a DTC eCommerce company
- Expertise in mentoring and managing a growth marketing team
- Strong analytical and quantitative expertise in marketing platforms, attribution, and site analytics