The Director of Group Sales will manage and coach a team of Sales Consultants (up to 10), for a $20 million sales budget. This role will assess members' individual learning needs; develop a coaching plan including sales quotas, and conduct performance appraisals. The SDGP will review the budget and determine actual versus projected needs; report analysis and sales activity, and assist Sales Consultants in selling to Top Prospects for large groups (5+ travelers). This job reports to the VP Contact Center.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is the leader in adventure travel for thirty-five years. Since 1983, Vantage Deluxe World Travel develops and delivers memorable travel journeys on seven continents whether on land, riverboats or small ships.
Vantage Deluxe World Travel is a $300 million, state-of-the-art direct marketer of travel to the affluent mature market. When you join the Vantage team you become part of a global company, headquartered in Boston, with eight regional offices around the world. Our worldwide teams work together to provide exciting, culturally enriching travel programs to destinations on all seven continents, including on our European river cruise fleet. Since 1983, more than 400,000 travelers have joined us to see the world.
- Manage sales team with 500+ accounts
- Increase pipeline sales by 20%
- Increase sales close rate on large accounts (40+ PACS) by 20%
- Develop annual sales plan based on company's objectives
- Sales coach, by listening to phone calls
- Assist team in closing accounts, by interacting with B2B & B2C customers
- Develop rapports with target clients (alumni, retirement and large travel groups)
- Recommend sales enhancement strategies based on market research and competitor analysis
- Report sales activity and performance metrics
- Gather and prepare analytical data for department meetings.
- Responsible for setting up 300 Groups and Referral parties per year.
- Associate's degreerequired. Bachelor's preferred.
- 8years of Sales Management- Group, Individual, Specialty sales
- Social and experiential networking experiencerequired
- Pulling reports from CRM required
- Experience training for outbound sales required
- Sales call center management experience highly preferred
- Travel industry a plus.
- CRM required
- Excel-Basic (pull reports, compile spreadsheets) required
- Business Objects a plus