The Director of Group Sales is responsible for assisting the Director of Sales and Marketing in leading and managing the teams that drive group revenues. The Director of Group Sales directly manages the group sales account executives, working with each to produce new and repeat group business for the Hotel. This position is responsible for producing the weekly yield strategy package and oversees the yield management process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Must have excellent hospitality sales and management skills. Must have extensive experience managing and leading sales teams. Must have experience developing and administering hotel/resort sales office policies and procedures.
* This position is responsible for assisting with hiring and developing the staffing for the Sales department.
* The Director of Group Sales is responsible for assisting in budget preparation and on-going financial management of the Sales department.
* The Director of Group Sales will assist with creating and distributing the weekly Pace, STR, Sales Forecast, and Sales Productivity Reports, and is fully trained and proficient on the Delphi system.
* This position interacts with all Senior Leaders and many Leadership level managers in the daily operations of the Hotel, while also building relationships with key account customers, third party agents and the Sales and Marketing staff.