- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, or a closely related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in distribution or operations management (food grade preferred).
- An American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification as a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) is preferred.
- Previous experience implementing Lean and Six Sigma methods.
- Strong background in statistical analysis development and continuous improvement.
- Stays current with industry concepts, practices, procedures and trends.
- Solid knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), material handling, and storage systems.
One SE Convenience Blvd, Ankeny, Iowa 50021
Casey's General Stores Corporate Headquarters in Ankeny, IA is seeking a Director of Grocery Distribution to join our team!
As the Director of Grocery Distribution, you'll lead and direct teams throughout our distribution centers (Ankeny, IA and Terre Haute, IN). You'll be responsible for the operational effectiveness in service, cost, safety, people, and capacity. You'll set operational goals, results and strategy to drive continuous improvement. In addition, you'll coordinate the people and processes involved in all aspects of distribution, while ensuring production meets output and quality goals.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Challenging current business processes and directing managers to eliminate waste by reducing non-value added activities.
- Ensuring consistent processes and procedures across sites. Developing, implementing, and maintaining best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Guiding teams to identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste.
- Hiring, training, salary administration, and performance communication / management for the team.
- Driving inventory control measures for all products within distribution centers.
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships. Reviewing and approving supply and material expenditures.