Director of Graduate Medical Education
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
In partnership with the Hospital DIO, the Hospital Administrative Director of Graduate Medical Education (Hospital ADME) is responsible for maintaining oversight of the accreditation process for each individual specialty program as well as the institutional accreditation for programs in their specific hospital.
The role exists to direct the administrative operations and maintain appropriate oversight and daily management of all medical education programs which may also include undergraduate medical education within the institution. Program compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies is critical to the success of the program(s).
The Hospital ADME will make formal recommendations for improvement based on accreditation requirements for both the institutional and program accreditation.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supports and monitors all resident activities via the Program Directors and Residency Coordinators
- Work with corporate resources to gather the needed information to support new program accreditation
- Drives efforts to advance residency education through accreditation:
- Communication to Program Directors
- Tracking accreditation status of programs
- Addressing citations regarding patient care
- Oversight of program accreditation and maintenance of institutional accreditation
Supervises the daily activities of the Residency Coordinators to ensure institutional program guidelines are satisfied
Includes responsibility for performance appraisals, discipline, scheduling and any supervisory related duties
Developing and managing operating and capital budgets for related programs
Aid Program Directors with resident remediation and referrals to the employee assistance programs and/or other external assistance programs as necessary
Identify financial support needed to maintain residency programs according to institutional requirements
Assists with policy development
- Facilitate the creation of new programs
Master’s degree in Medical Science Education, Education, Business, Communications or Organizational Development
Knowledge of ACGME Next Accreditation System required.
Minimum of 3 years of graduate medical educationexperience or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required.