Barton Creek Country Club’s success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club’s members and maintain the company’s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
The Director of Golf is responsible for the coordination, functional management and leadership of golf operations which include; Guest and Membership Experience, Golf Events, Retail, Course, Practice Facility Set Up, Maintenance and Food & Beverage. The Director of Golf will be a supervisor of the Head Golf Professional, Tournament Manager, Merchandise Manager, and Maintenance Superintendant.
- Create, implement, report and analyze the Golf Operation plan including budget and all other golf related financial duties.
- Coordinate specific objectives of the plan with all the functional departments of the company to include Guest Services, Food and Beverage and Golf Course Maintenance.
- Establish and enforce golf course policies, rules and regulations.
- Oversee all golf programs and activities.
- Develop and oversee Omni Cultural pieces for the Golf Operation
- OST Meeting
- Ambassador Program
- Mirror Image
- Power of One
- Monthly Standard
- Omni Service Champions
- Associate Opinion Survey
- Conduct Manager reviews
- Assist with merchandising program and presentation of the golf shop
- Facilitate and oversee monthly inventory counts
- Work with member organizations to coordinate and run golf related member functions (MGA, WGA, 9 Hole, Couples, Club Championships, etc.)
- Oversee supply levels for all departments (Golf Shop, Carts, and Locker)
- Attend Staff Meetings, Executive Meetings, and Monthly TNMA Board Meetings
- Work closely with the Maintenance Superintendent to coordinate turf care practices and course closures along with daily and tournament set up
- Enforce consistent discipline procedures
- Work closely with the Tournament Manager to ensure guest services are handled in a top notch professional manner
- Oversee the handicap system
- Assist with development of Policies and Procedures for the Golf Operation
- Track Daily Revenue
- Ensure on course member and guest satisfaction
- Effective organizational and leadership skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be neat in appearance accordance with Omni standards
- Able to work 50 + hours per week and be mobile for long periods of time
- Class A PGA professional, 3 years experience as Head Golf Professional, proficient in Word, Excel, POS, Electronic Tee Sheets, membership experience a plus, great people skills a must.