The Director of Global Workplace, Real Estate and Facilities Solutions is responsible for establishing, developing and executing strategies to ensure Facilities infrastructures are in place to support the business and enterprise-wide Sustainability goals in multiple locations around the world. This role supports Micron's non-manufacturing offices globally and directs a global team of individual contributors and leaders across multiple countries. The Director ensures cost effective maintenance to achieve an optimal state of uptime, environmental, safety, security and compliance in a highly-regulated environment. The Director builds organizational capability and engages with all levels of the company to deliver premier workplace and lab solutions.
The Director manages a distributed network of global locations to ensure operations are streamlined within each facility and to a set standard with common processes for core operations inside the facilities.
The Director will be responsible for directing and leading the site planning and design for all new building construction, remodels to existing buildings, lab tool installs, capacity planning, space planning, engineering, building code compliance, and building permitting. This leader also drives strategy around the workplace of the future and our footprint as well as managing funding and budgets for such efforts.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop global Workplace and Facilities Management Strategy, guidelines, standards, KPIs (success metrics) and reporting for non-manufacturing sites
- Develop and manage budgets, including maintenance and repairs, site services and outside services and labor. Assist in annual forecasting as well as scoping of special projects. Track and analyze budgets and makes recommendations for action. Ensure all budgets are met and cost savings are driven and tracked.
- Lead projects in terms of new constructions, remodeling, space planning and management changes. Ensure proper change control and processes to scope and execute to current and future standards.
- Pursue actions to support Facilities Sustainability goals and initiatives to reduce energy, water consumptions and overall Carbon footprint
- Work closely with Executives to develop plans and roadmap for global locations. This includes offices, labs, engineering space requirements and global footprint optimization. Drive the strategy while building close working relationships with executive partners
- Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership support to team members in order to build a high-performing, cohesive global team.
- Promote Best Practices and serve as facilities management subject matter expert (SME) providing consultation and deployment of global best practices for local adaptation.
- Align with Procurement, Security, Safety, Environmental, Risk Management, Human Resources and other stakeholders in the organization to assure coordination of design and construction efforts with all effected groups.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging workplace, real estate and construction trends and apply benchmarking and insight to the strategy
- Make effective business-driven decisions and empower others to do the same, including working with partners to understand trade-offs and timelines
- Motivate others by providing alignment, clarity, and focus, while also tracking progress and ensuring accountability
- Inspire and communicate a shared vision aligned with company while empowering teams to implement strategies
- Invest time in coaching and mentoring people, while providing honest assessments of people
- Work in service of others, while also listening, confronting reality, and advocating for the best solution for the business always keeping people in mind
- Lead the organization accountable for the overall delivery of workplace and facilities services in support of global non-manufacturing sites, ensuring that the services are delivered effectively and consistently across real estate portfolio
- Implement and maintain on-site programs that enhance the workplace experience of employees
- Implement short, medium- and long-term plans for improving the quality, and optimizing the delivery of services
- Run the delivery of on-site services, including through third-party suppliers. Collaborate with Procurement to manage suppliers using scorecards
- Handle compliance with all applicable environmental health and safety laws and regulations as well as working towards continuous improvement
- Consults regularly with company executives and site leaders around the world on a wide range of issues relative to services, treating those individuals as valued customers and partners
- Provides thought leadership, acts as a role model and fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment while coaching and mentoring for premier performance and service delivery
- 10+ years experience in Facilities, Real Estate and Workplace or equivalent functions
- 5+ years experience leading a global team
- Masters degree
- A positive, energized team leader with a commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- Extensive management experience in the following: running global facilities, staff development, outsourcing and contractor management, building maintenance and workplace and real estate strategy
- Extensive knowledge of financial management practices and budget planning procedures.
- Success building global teams, managing across multiple locations and diverse cultures and leading change management
- Validated experience in presenting information effectively and responding to questions and sensitive issues from senior management, customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Demonstrated skill delivering strategic approaches, with agile execution while supporting growth.
- Ability to travel up to 50% internationally