Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Global Total Rewards to join our Ashland LLC business at our Wilmington, DE or Bridgewater, NJ location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Human Resource function. This position will report to the VP Human Resources.
The Director, Global Total Rewards is responsible for the development, design, and management of all global compensation and benefit programs for Ashland. This position will ensure that the company’s programs provide appropriate motivation, incentives and rewards to enhance individual and corporate performance as the company continues to grow organically and through acquisition globally.
The responsibilities of the Director, Global Total Rewards include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the strategic review, design, implementation, and communication of Ashland’s compensation philosophy. This will involve partnering with the CEO, VP HR, other senior management, and consultants to ensure that the Company has a competitive and best-in-class approach to compensation offerings.
- Research and prepare Board related materials (proxy, plan designs, etc.) for presentation to the Compensation Committee.
- Manage the overall compensation process, including executive compensation, salary structures, annual merit pay planning, incentive plan administration, and long-term compensation plans.
- Provide overall strategic direction for all aspects of the company’s benefits policy and plans including healthcare; retirement and savings; welfare and other related plans. He/She will work closely with other key stakeholders to ensure the company’s benefits plans, programs and initiatives are competitive, affordable and deliverable and consistent with the company’s employee value proposition.
- Manage the Benefits spend/budget effectively while also managing all Benefit, Payroll, and consulting relationships.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations globally, deliver accurate and timely reporting, and advise on any laws that will impact the business.
- Manage the effective communication of compensation and benefits to achieve employee awareness, understanding and appreciation of the programs offered.
- Routinely assess the internal equity and external competitiveness of the company’s reward strategies, including ad-hoc studies, analyses and evaluations to meet specific business needs.
- Ensure that all business supporting HR operations, including services provided by managed service providers, are accurate, reliable and cost-effective. This should include embedding a rigorous data analytics/measurement approach that is metrics-based. Implement repeatable processes, systems and best practices that are required to ensure improved operations and increased internal customer satisfaction.
- Provide a current and evolving HR information and management system (currently Workday) that provides enabling information and tools to both managers and employees.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Served as the Head of Compensation and Benefits for a global, growing publicly traded company of similar size and complexity. Experience working directly with the Compensation Committee of the Board is a plus.
- Significant experience designing company-wide plans and ensuring correlation with a company’s growth strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation techniques, theories, programs and plans including executive compensation, cash compensation, merit programs, incentive/variable compensation, and equity programs, etc.
- Current knowledge of rules and regulations facing publicly held companies in general from a compensation/benefits perspective.
- Exceptional leader/manager of people. He/She must have built and effectively managed strong and business-oriented compensation and benefits teams.
- Solid business acumen and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders, including executives, line management, his/her peers in human resources, and the broader employee population.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly and comfortably. Ability to communicate compensation and benefits strategies, plans and policies accurately and simply. This will include leading internal communications to develop communication plans for launch of new and/or revised initiatives.
- A solid background in leading the global compensation and benefits functions at a Fortune 1,000 company.
- Previous experience managing all aspects of executive compensation, i.e. incentive plan design, deferred compensation, SEC filings including CD&A. Excellent knowledge of current trends and practices related to executive compensation.
- Extensive knowledge of the health care landscape and its costs, benefit plan design strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Experience directly developing materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, including collaboration with external consultants.
- Involvement in designing and administrating incentive compensation programs including annual incentive programs.
- Ability to manage stock plans including the administration of grant levels, option exercise techniques, restricted stock administration, and related international tax laws.
- Previous experience managing HR operations, including internally provided services and third-party service providers.
- Capability to sustain and advance the use of an effective HR information system enabling managers and employees to effective leverage data and tools.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.