Summary: Directs and provides leadership by establishing and executing a strategic procurement strategy that is consistent with the company’s culture, strategic business objectives and continuous improvement/cost management efforts.
- Strategically develops and implements supply chain strategies to deliver maximum value across $150 million of annual third party spend, maintaining optimal stock levels while also delivering year over year product cost improvements.
- Negotiates and executes purchase orders and vendor contracts with all new and existing vendors.
- Manages material flow to ensure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Leads product development commodity strategies in line with corporate initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
- Develops and uses cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers across all types of manufactured products.
- Manages and mentors dynamic teams of Buyers to ensure adequate supply of products is available to meet sales demand.
- Establishes and maintains measureable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to; supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial performance and material shortage elimination.
- Reports to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
- Ensures performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management improvement.
- Manages all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
- Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- Manages materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of SHP.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously with awareness of deadlines
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and navigate within assigned computer software
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement and to recommend improvements
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Production, Operations Management or Engineering with 7-10 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Equipment and Software Used:
- CMS by Markov software
- Master Control
- Microsoft Office Products
- General office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.