About the Role:
Alvarez & Marsal seeks a Director of Global Procurement to lead all the steps of the procurement process with a focus on strategic sourcing, service management, and identification of savings potential and contract management. Particular focus will be on the following commodities: Telecom, IT Hardware, Software and Laptops and Software as a Service (SaaS) with oversight of all procurement. Responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, awarding and service implementation with direct communications to vendors and in-house stakeholders. He/she will also find and recommend continual process improvement opportunities. The focus will mainly be on identifying, communicating and implementing strategic sourcing opportunities, ensuring that key strategic suppliers/partners are utilized, well managed and best practices are leveraged. Vital to success in this role are excellent IT procurement, negotiating and customer service skills with an execution focus and the ability to prioritize. Objective is to minimize firm wide expense and optimize vendor management. A&M is a decentralized organization and the ability to work with multiple senior level people in different divisions with different objectives is paramount.
Requirements / Responsibilities:
Manage Day-to-Day Procurement Process:
- Oversee purchase order activities and ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships and serve as point of escalation for internal stakeholders.
- Supervise RFP’s for smaller contracts with office equipment, supplies and research subscriptions.
Develop and Implement IT Procurement Strategy:
- Develop and implement plans, policies and procedures for all sourcing processes on both a corporate and divisional basis.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities within the IT budget.
- Track and report procurement operating and savings metrics.
Lead Sourcing Initiatives:
- Identify specific strategic sourcing opportunities (quality improvement, supplier base rationalization, cost containment and operational efficiency) and communicate their potential financial impact.
- Gather key business requirements, data and feedback in vendor selection process.
- Prepare RFQ’s and RFP’s, and makes recommendations to internal clients with bid tabulations and supporting documents.
- Continuously improve and re-evaluate purchasing activities by conducting regular spend analyses across all categories.
- Develop, implement and manage a companywide contract management solution.
- Additional duties include participation in developing, reviewing and editing Statements of Work and master services agreements; negotiating contract terms and conditions; vendor relationships development and management.
- Responsible for developing or assisting in the development of category, sourcing and buying strategies for the categories of spend under scope of the program. This will include key collaboration with client business units and stakeholders, as well as other client functional areas such as Finance, Legal and IT.
- Identify and drive cost reductions, supplier consolidation, service delivery improvements, process efficiencies, risk mitigation and standardization across A&M businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain / operations a plus.
- A minimum of 15years of experience with demonstrated accomplishment in procurement.
- Expertise in certain markets (telephony/wireless, IT, SaaS, etc.).
- Certified Procurement Professional such as CPM or CIPS a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with legal contract terms / conditions / management.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven savings track record and ability to work independently with a results oriented mindset
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills to foster respect and teamwork with internal and external partners.
- Must be a “self-starter” who thrives in a fast-paced, “get your hands dirty” atmosphere
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.