Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Collins Aerospace Aerostructures is seeking a Director of Global Operations to develop and implement manufacturing strategies in support of its Regional & Business Jet programs. As a critical member of the Regional & Business Jet Programs Leadership Team, the Director of Global Operations is responsible for the operational and compliance performance necessary to meet on-time delivery and world-class quality and drive growth and customer excellence. Working cross-functionally with Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement, HR and Finance, the incumbent will be responsible for managing, optimizing and improving operations activities in support of current and future products. The Director will be responsible for all aspects of operational performance including safety, quality, delivery and cost as well as building the capabilities of the manufacturing organization across several factories in the U.S and in international locations). A total organization of over 300 employees is reporting to this position. The successful individual is responsible for building strong working relationships across the Regional & Business Jet programs and the sites and for driving employee engagement to the next level and ultimately delighting our customers.
- Demonstrates operational excellence in safety, quality, delivery, cost and organizational development
- Maintains compliance to all regulations, laws and management systems requirements
- Proactively reduces EH&S risks and promotes safe behaviors in the workplace
- Manages capacity, demand, & resource plans to ensure rate readiness
- Supports the Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process to meet On Time Delivery and financial targets
- Ensures successful implementation of new program development activities
- Develops maturity of Business Intelligence tools in support of efficient material flow in the value stream
- Integrates tactical & strategic supply chain activities to manage risk and leverage spend
- Manages objectives for operating budgets, capital plans and cost savings targets
- Achieves inventory turns improvements and manages manufacturing variances
- Ensures effective implementation of product and manufacturing technologies
- Identifies and executes mfg. technologies & world class mfg. initiatives aligned with the 5-yr strategic plan
- Champions change through the active personal support of CI tools and processes
- Drives employee engagement, positive culture, and execute strategic workforce planning initiatives
- Standardizes best practices across operations and the production sites
- Provides the necessary coordination of activities with internal and external suppliers and customers
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or in related scientific field.
- Master’s degree in similar fields is preferred.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of Operations experience in manufacturing with five (5) years in a leadership role is required.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Lean Manufacturing or Six-Sigma techniques.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across the organization, working level and executive
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate, influence and lead across value streams, functions sites
- Skilled at building effective teams
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time
- Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing world class manufacturing techniques
- Certified in Lean manufacturing or Six-Sigma
- Demonstrated ability to establish and mature a Continuous Improvement culture
- Experience with single piece flow in a mixed model production environment
- Demonstrated experience with new program introductions
- Specific experience in chemical processing, machining, metal fabrication or composites manufacturing is preferred
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Job ID 01271568