Director of Global New Ventures Strategy
11 - 15 years experience •
Our client, a major restaurant franchise is seeking their Director of Global New Ventures Strategy. He / she will lead strategy development and provide executional guidance to regional teams across a wide portfolio of brand-building initiatives, including convenience programs (e.g. delivery, catering, & curb-side pick-up), complex new go-to-market approaches (e.g. drive-thru), and brand-first growth programs (e.g. adjacent market opportunities).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and develop holistic go-to-market strategies for assigned portfolio of new ventures and convenience programs, providing the frameworks, insights, and thought leadership necessary to equip region and key business unit (BU) teams to execute globally-aligned, locally-relevant activations.
- Bring together and lead cross-functional teams to articulate 360-degreebusiness plans, ensure stakeholder alignment and coordination of effort before ultimately guiding region/BU teams?leaders of which will ultimately create and execute aligned, region-specific initiatives and programs.
- Partner with regional/BU teams and global third parties?such as consultants, supplier partners, third-party delivery enablers, and related technology resources?to identify growth opportunities, articulate business cases, and forge strong win-win alliances.
- Provide on-going coaching and subject matter thought leadership for region/BU teams and facilitate knowledge transfer between and among those stakeholders; coach teams as appropriate by geographic area, adopting a roll-up-your-sleeves approach to growing the business.
- Identify, assess, and create business cases around as-yet-undefined new ventures that help the brand achieve stated objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelordegree in Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- 10-15years progressive, related experience.
- QSR or Fast Casual experience is preferred.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Proven ability to create and execute on-brand growth strategies, including product or service development and associated implementation.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in highly matrixed or global contexts, demonstrating the ability to secure organizational alignment.
- Familiarity with a wide range of consumer research techniques and track record of leveraging consumer insights to launch impactful growth programs.
- Ability to author business plans that reflect a true 360-degree understanding of what it takes to successfully grow an established brand or line of business.
- Extensive project leadership experience with intercultural teams working remotely and across multiple time zones.
- Experience setting up/leading programs such as catering, delivery, or similar complex, cross-functional lines of business.
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization