The selection and strategic management of Key Accounts has been identified as a significant growth opportunity for the collective companies of BW Packaging Systems. Toward that end, the position of Director of Key Accounts, Packaging has been created. The role is designed help BW Packaging Systems and its divisions identify opportunities for growth within targeted Key Accounts.
- Partner with Senior Commercial Leadership from each division to understand their current commercial strategies and structures for current global key accounts.
- Lead future key account selection and strategy through:
- Conducting qualitative and quantitativemarket research to select highest value key accounts.
- Utilizing CRM data to understand historical performance of key accounts, as well as constant monitoring of current sales funnel in order to develop strategy and metrics to measure future growth.
- Lead efforts to grow market share and profitable growth within key accounts by delivering exceptional customer experiences through aligned expectations and disciplined performance.
- Develop reporting metrics and communicate regularly with divisions and platform leaders.
- Ensure that global team members, value streams and sales team members feel connected to the vision for each key account and are working to execute the strategy.
- Collaborate with marketing and innovation teams to understand new product development projects which may pertain to select key accounts. Identify customer contacts that could participate in voice of customer sessions.
- Coordinate key account engagement opportunities with appropriate divisions, including (but not limited to) presentations, meet and greets, etc.
- Establish account development plans with divisions and manage the project through close.
- Work with platform and division marketing teams to develop marketing strategy specific to each key account.
- Be aware of acquisition opportunities for “right fit” companies who are flourishing within select key accounts and who possess technology that would be synergistic to BW Packaging Systems.
- Monitor the competition to better understand issues and threats and develop plans to eliminate barriers by market vertical and product line to improve our strategic positioning.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and partnerships with other industry suppliers.
- Must have 10 years commercial experience in the packaging equipment market with at least 5years in a Sales Leadership, Business Development or Key Account role
- Exceptional communication skills required. Must have excellent presentation skills, but also a thorough, consistent and effective communicator with internal teams
- Significant and proven experience designing and implementing market strategies
- Willingness and ability to lead by influence
- Significant travel (domestic and international) required
- Possess existing relationships within relevant key accounts that can be leveraged on behalf of the company
- Collaborative philosophy