VCA Boston Road Animal Hospital in Springfield, Massachusetts is seeking a highly experienced Veterinarian to join our AAHA-accredited, multi-doctor specialty/general practice as Director of General Practice.
$15K Signing Bonus offered!
This position will work with the Medical Director to ensure that our General Practice is providing the exceptional service and care that our clients and patients have come to know.
Our team of 16 doctors includes specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Oncology and Critical Care (with 2 Boarded Critical Care Specialists), along with a team of experienced Emergency Clinicians. Our caseload and clientele are diverse and influenced by the surrounding local communities, which include 5 colleges and Medical and Legal professionals.
We boast a collegial environment that is focused on client service, patient care and teamwork and this rewarding, professional environment is augmented by exceptionally approachable specialists, an emphasis on evidence-based medicine and on-site RACE approved CE events. This is all further enhanced by the tremendous resources, support and benefits of VCA Inc.
In this position you’ll drive our success as you drive your own—by using your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence and humility to heal pets.
Along the way you’ll build a loyal client base and we’ll help you sharpen your edge through continuing education. And as a General Practitioner with VCA, you’ll have access to our brain trust of board certified Specialists, among the many resources of North America’s leader in veterinary medicine.
We feature a state-of-the-art, 15,000 sq. ft. facility that is equipped with Digital Radiography, Dental Digital Radiography, 24-hour telemetry unit, abdominal ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound, endoscope, full-service lab, an ISO ward, and ICU unit.
Springfield is located in Western Massachusetts, and is easily accessible from all area highways and major routes. Our location affords the opportunity for a wealth of outdoor and cultural activities in the area, as well as close proximity to the larger urban communities of Boston, Hartford, and New York City.
The Director of General Practice—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal.
The Director of General Practice will work with the GP Associates to provide oversight on client education and advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage