In the role of Director of Development, you will be a key member in the success of our mission; to improve the health status of our community and promote medical education. To do this, you will serve as an executive-level gift officer; responsible for developing key external alliances, cultivating major donor prospects, helping to design fund-raising programs and events, and personally securing major gifts and pledges totaling several million dollars annually.
Caring for our people is what we do. If your passion is pulling you to engage in your community, and see the outcome of your work each day in the lives that we touch, than consider growing your career with Community Medical Centers.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Assist with development and oversee execution of strategies and tactics within the comprehensive fund development plan including major and planned gifts, corporate and foundation relations and annual and employee giving to help the corporation fulfill its mission through increased philanthropic contributions.
- Work with corporate and facility leadership to match donor interests with CMC’s clinical needs and business priorities.
- Supervise fund development staff and participate in recruiting and mentoring talented individuals to build a strong development team.
- Provide oversight and guidance on specified fund development activities within the organization and with outside volunteer groups.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects and donors to build and maintain a pipeline. Work with prospects and develop their relationship with the organization, ultimately increasing giving.
Minimum education/experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, social science, public relations, advertising, marketing or other applicable field.
- Prior experience in a leadership role within a foundation, non-profit, or corporation.
- Five (5) years’ of experience in a foundation or non-profit leadership role, including proven experience in major gift fundraising and developing major fundraising strategies, programs and events from the ground up.
- Significant experience in Healthcare Management.