The HSN Piney Flats, Tennessee fufillment center works behind the scenes to ensure our customers receive the right product quickly and efficiently. This 24 hour operation offers employees the chance to work in a state-of-the-art automated distribution environment.
A Day in the Life
The Director of Operations is responsible for the day to day operational activities of fulfillment center, including compliance with all policies and procedures, development of staff and department performance metrics.
- Provide leadership and direction of overall activities within a fulfillment center containing multiple teams and shifts
- Conduct daily interaction with with management staff to provide feedback on unit performance and progress towards goals
- Overall responsibility for understanding and meeting performance metrics to include developing/supporting the operations budget and identifuing financial variances and the business/performance metrics that drive them
- Strong cross-functional understanding and ability to work with counterparts across company and vendors to identify best business solutions and drive customer services
- Strong understanding of WMS system functionality and test/identify new applications/processes in order to identify system capabilities and future benefits
- Decision maker for issues such as shift changes, overtime, re-alignment of positions, merit, terminations, labor allocation, and in meeting financial goals
- Coach and assist managers in handling disciplinary actions, conflict resolution, terminations and development of employees
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience in a distribution
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
- Extensive knowledge of business and financial plan.
Job ID : 0816877