Job Reference ID: DIREC02642 Company Description:
The Director of Fresh and Food service is responsible for the strategic development of the Fresh and Fast Food commodities for Core-Marks Divisions. This includes supporting National and Independent accounts, the sales and purchasing teams, as well as developing and maintaining vendor relationships. Their focus will be on the development, training, maintenance, and growth of the Fresh and Food Service marketing programs. They will be looked upon to lead Core-Marks key strategic growth initiatives both internally and externally in the convenience retail industry.
- Identify opportunities within convenience channel for fresh and foodservice offering to grow
- Develop detailed category plans to include item selection, merchandising strategies, promotions, fixtures and pricing for Core-Mark customers
- Identify manufacturers who have Fresh and Foodservice products appropriate for small format retail, work with these manufacturers to identify marketing solutions that drive sales
- Develop strategy for the utilization of a network of commissaries and equipment suppliers to support our customers’ needs and support of a Fresh and Foodservice offer
Growing sales in the Fresh and Foodservice category
- Develop comprehensive Fresh and Foodservice programs that help our customers grow their sales profitably
- Identify division and national account Fresh and Foodservice sales opportunities and assist with sales calls and other key customer presentations relative to our offer
- Coordinate and assist in sales support for new accounts and other high potential new business development accounts.
Support Core-Mark Divisions in their sales efforts
- Create and coordinate sales training for all the Fresh and Foodservice programs, includes training of division sales personnel
- Evaluate sales methods and prepare sales promotion materials to facilitate and maximize the effectiveness of Fresh and Foodservice sales efforts
- Support Operations team by providing guidance around handling and food safety of perishable items
- Ideal candidate has a solid combination of Fresh, Food Service and sales experience
- Individual must be motivated by sales targets and results oriented
- Convenience store trade knowledge preferred
- Strong organizational, follow up, and communication skills a must; strong project management and team leadership skills are also essential.
- 6-10 years’ experiencepreferred
- Educational requirement: BA/BS or equivalent; MBA desirable
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time