This position provides direction, leadership and vision for the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life. The incumbent oversees the daily operations of the office; drafts, revises, and interprets departmental policies; develops and maintains fraternity and sorority strategic initiatives and manages recruitment efforts; develops educational programming; oversees assessment and risk management initiatives; and manages departmental budgets and expenditures.
Examples of Work Performed
- Plans, develops, and implements activities and programs that support and advance the foundational and operational values of fraternities and sororities.
- Provides leadership for the continued growth and development of the FSL community.
- Develops and implements community mission, vision, strategic plan, and unit goals/objectives in collaboration with students, staff and alumni.
- Develops and implements leadership development, risk management, health and wellness, DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion), and other programming, which meets the developmental needs of collegiate members, chapters, advisors, and other volunteers.
- Identifies and secures funding for educational programs, leadership development, and chapter development initiatives.
- Develops and implements strategies to engage parents/families, as well as campus partners, in program development.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of support staff.
- Ensures compliance with University policy and local, state, and federal requirements.
- Develops and manages departmental budget and foundation accounts.
- Manages crises related to fraternity and sorority behavior.
- Provides intervention when student behavior is potentially harmful to others and/or self-destructive.
- Provides conflict resolution for individual students and between fraternities and/or sororities.
- Partners with inter/national organization headquarters, alumni advisors, house directors, and house corporations to proactively influence chapter behavior and enact risk-management policies.
- Develops strategic funding goals and priorities to support advancement of the department’s mission, vision, goals, and strategic plan.
- Serves as a liaison between internal and external partners.
- Prepares reports and provides information for the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs/Dean of Students and performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- Serves on the Dean of Students On-Call Rotation providing after-hours coverage for campus emergencies.
- Communicates departmental programs, events, accomplishments, and announcements for widespread distribution.
- Assesses the diverse organizational needs of students within FSL chapters and councils in order to provide relevant support, education, programming, and training.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Directs operations and personnel within the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Develops and maintains fraternity and sorority strategic initiatives and manages recruitment efforts.
- Creates and manages educational and training programs.
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Student Personnel, Counseling, Education, Business Administration, or a related field.
Three (3) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Substitution Statement: Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Actual salary will be based upon education, experience and departmental budget.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.