This role has responsibility for developing a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and sophisticated financial models to deliver insightful analysis. The Director will work closely with Woo’s business leaders to ensure the finance function supports and facilitates growth.
Cultural fit is critically important and includes trust, professionalism, collaboration, and a bias for action. The ideal candidate is an experienced and analytical professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities. Strong work ethic, passion for his/her work, and the ability to adjust and adapt in an ambiguous environment is a must.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee the creation of reporting packages to provide WooCommerce leadership with timely and informative results, and provide guidance on actionable recommendations.
- Ownership of the annual budget and 18-month rolling forecast of the P/L, B/S and CF.
- Organize and conduct management reviews on a regular cadence to drive decisions and actions.
- Analyze and extract insights from complex data sets and communicate insights and provide suggestions for action and improvement.
- Provide support and analysis on potential partnerships, acquisitions and growth initiatives, including standard financial models and metrics for financial analysis and assessment.
- Serve as a champion for cost management and waste reduction across the company by leading the development, monitoring, and reporting of key operational metrics and driving processes to improve productivity and efficiency across business functions.
- Conduct proactive industry and product research to support strategic decisions and analysis.
- 8+ years of experience working in corporate or business-unit financial operations with demonstrated success in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Strong technical understanding of the online payments industry including commercial terms, cost structures, and fees.
- Online payments experience across multiple countries, specifically those in North America and Europe, is a plus.
- Proven track record in M&A, including due diligence, valuation, and supporting integrations.
- Ability to recommend, influence, develop, and implement programs that improve competitive positioning and profitability.
- Experience in the Software/SaaS and/or B2C preferred and an understanding of how to forecast and monitor different types of revenue and costs.
- Strong business and operational orientation, and proven track record of close partnership with the senior leaders.
- Experience creating business cases that guide strategic investments.